Lead Compliance Specialist at Discover
Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
Responsible for helping management maintain and enhance Consumer Protection Risk Assessment function in support of the overall compliance management system. The role collaborates within Compliance and Risk management to identify and assess consumer protection risk and control environments.
- Assists with research of regulatory compliance requirements and evaluating the adequacy of business policies, procedures, training and reference materials, system and manual processes.
- Assists with the identification and assessment of compliance program risks and controls.
- Assists in obtaining and developing content for presentations for committee reporting. Supports the business in operationalizing legal and regulatory requirements.
- Supports management in the development, implementation, and maintenance of compliance programs and a culture of compliance.
- Maintains a high level of awareness and knowledge of regulatory compliance requirements and assisting in the identification of compliance risks.
- Communicates and collaborates with business partners in the first line of defense regarding compliance risks and controls as needed.
- Creates and maintains work product and supporting documentation. Communicates results and/or concerns verbally and in writing.
- Ensures compliance issues are brought to the attention of senior compliance professionals.
- Assists more senior compliance professionals in evaluating the adequacy of business policies, procedures, training and reference materials, system and manual processes, and provides support for research of regulatory requirements.
- Assists Principals, Managers, or Senior Manager in discrete portions of larger projects.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor's Degree in any field
- 4+ years of experience in Project Management, Compliance, Risk, Operations, Governance, or related field
- In lieu of a degree, 8+ years of experience in Compliance, Law, Risk Operations, and Governance
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- 6+ years of experience in Compliance, Law, Risk Operations, Governance, or related field
- Lending, Deposits Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager
- Project Management Professional
- JD, CISA, CIPP, CRMP, RIMS, or similar preferred
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.