Lab Technologist 2 (multiple shifts) at GRAIL
- Perform analytical procedures including testing, quality control, preparation and aliquoting of reagents and analyses according to the laboratory’s standard operating procedures.
- Operate and maintain laboratory instruments and equipment according to laboratory standard operating proceduresTroubleshoot and problem solve instrument issues.
- Check, monitor and record temperature and perform root cause analysis of deviations and implement a resolution or initiate a service request as necessary.
- Independently identify and troubleshoot high complexity problems that adversely affect the test performance.
- Perform, review and document laboratory quality control procedures.
- Perform and document reagent qualifications per the approved protocols.
- Document all corrective actions taken when test systems deviate from the laboratory’s established performance specifications.
- Perform and document routine preventive maintenance.
- Report all concerns of test quality and/or safety to the Laboratory Manager or Safety Officer.
- Participate and comply with Quality and applicable regulatory requirements.
- Communicate effectively with coworkers and non-laboratory personnel.
- Identify process improvement opportunities and report to laboratory management.
- Provide updates to supervisors/lead regarding any issues.
- Monitoring data and process status as neededPerform other laboratory duties as assigned.
Your Background Will Include:
- Minimum of AA or equivalent required.
- Bachelor of Arts or Science in Biomedical Laboratory Science, Clinical Science or related field preferred.
- Working knowledge of local, state, and federal laboratory regulations.
- At least 6 years of Clinical Laboratory experience w/ AA or equivalent OR 2 years of experience with Bachelors of Arts or Science, Biomedical Science, Clinical Science or related field.
- 2+ years Liquid Handling experience required.
- Strong automation and computing skills required.
- Experience in molecular biology techniques preferred.
- Laboratory testing experience within the last five years preferred.
- High volume laboratory experience preferred.
- Strong technical skills and job and industry knowledge.
- Ability to integrate and apply feedback in a professional manner.
- Ability to prioritize and drive to results with a high emphasis on quality.
- Ability to work as part of a team in a highly collaborative environment.
- Ability to analyze and problem solve complex issues that may impact test performance.
- Ability to prioritize tasks with a high emphasis on quality.
- Ability to proactively communicate consistently, clearly, and honestly.Flexibility of work schedule to meet the needs of GRAIL’s Clinical Laboratory.
- Travel to Menlo Park, CA may be requested for training.
- Thursday - Monday :7am - 3:30pm and Thursday - Monday : 3pm - 11:30pm.