KYC Compliance Manager at Capital One (Washington DC)
KYC Compliance Manager
The Know Your Customer (KYC) Compliance Manager, performs a key risk management role (second line of defense) by ensuring that business lines deliver KYC strategies compliant with applicable anti-money laundering laws and regulations. The role will collaborate across multiple lines of businesses and teams to deliver KYC requirements and monitor compliance with regulatory standards. The KYC Compliance Manager will implement initiatives that continuously improve KYC soundness across the enterprise. The role will help to establish an effective risk control environment and address regulatory/compliance requirements. The KYC Compliance Manager is responsible for delivering quality results, providing compliance advice to business lines as a KYC subject matter expert, and executing or participating in corporate risk management processes.
- Maintain subject matter expertise of applicable anti-money laundering laws and regulations and support business lines by providing guidance on KYC compliance requirements
- Assist with establishing enterprise KYC standard/policy intent and review new/revised business line KYC policies, standards and procedures to ensure alignment
- Ensure KYC standard/policy is consistently applied across the lines of business
- Direct KYC assessments to identify and address KYC gaps and areas of opportunities
- Assess operational breakdowns for KYC compliance risks and uncover data issues with significant KYC implications
- Leverage understanding of systems, data, and processes to identify root causes for KYC issues and recommend/lead related remediation efforts
- Ensure preventive and detective KYC controls and monitoring programs are in place and provide adequate coverage
- Provide effective challenge and guidance on KYC compliance risks and support business line through various interactions and forums; influence changes to processes, procedures, and controls to mitigate KYC compliance risk
- Review business line training materials with KYC compliance related content for accuracy and completeness.
- Support the communicate compliance risk appetite and key performance metrics to business lines
- Evaluate Audit, regulatory exam, and self-identified issues and events for KYC compliance impacts
- Monitor external KYC compliance environment, emerging risks, and regulatory focus areas.
- Detail-oriented and skilled at analyzing root causes of KYC compliance and risk issues.
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent certification
- At least 6 years of Know Your Customer (KYC) AML regulations experience
- At least 6 years of Know Your Customer (KYC) compliance experience, or at least 6 years of KYC project management experience
- At least 6 years of experience in controls, or at least 6 years of experience in risk, or at least 6 years of experience in operations.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 8 years of experience in financial services, or AML/KYC functions, or compliance risk management, or KYC project management.
- 6 years of experience in Legal, or 6 years of experience in Audit, or a previous regulator
- Certified Anti-money laundering Compliance Specialist (CAMS
- Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM) certification
- 8 years of experience in KYC compliance, or 8 years of experience in AML regulations, or 8 years of experience in controls, or 8 years of experience in risk, or 8 years of experience in operations.
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at [email protected] . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to [email protected]
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).