Knowledge Management Lead-USAID/SERVIR II at Bixal (Washington DC)
| Washington DC
Sorry, this job was removed at 3:45 p.m. (CST) on Friday, May 27, 2022
Who we are:
Bixal is a mission-driven, woman-owned small business determined to improve people's lives through human-centered strategies and transformative technologies, with a firm belief that everyone has the right to an effective government.
We deliver on this belief by partnering with leading Federal agencies to design, develop, and deliver powerful customer experiences through holistic digital product solutions and strategic communications initiatives––bringing a high standard and unique creative energy to our clients––and our wonderfully diverse culture is what makes it all possible.
Bixal unites different people with different perspectives from all over the world! We provide our team with an open and empowered environment where collaboration thrives and solutions flourish.
What will you do?
Bixal seeks a Knowledge Management (KM) Lead to support the USAID Bureau for Resilience and Food Security (RFS) on the SERVIR II Task Order. The program objective is to facilitate and support information curation, development, management, and dissemination through online tools and platforms, workshops, blogs and other multimedia communication products to inform USAID, NASA, SERVIR hubs, and external partners and stakeholders on successes, program results, impacts and SERVIR’s alignment with and contribution toward USAID’s climate strategy and the President’s Emergency Plan for Adaptation and Resilience (PREPARE). The Knowledge Management Lead will support the team and the RFS in strengthening its capacity for knowledge management, and dissemination promoting knowledge sharing within USAID, NASA, SERVIR Hubs and with other key stakeholders to ultimately support better decisions about livelihoods, disasters, and economic development.
This is a full-time proposal position contingent on a contract award.
This role needs to be based in the Washington D.C. area. We envision this role to have the opportunity to work partially remote.
- Provide strategic leadership and strategic growth in knowledge management and learning to advance the project goals and implementation quality.
- Support USAID/RFS to develop, implement knowledge dissemination strategies and frameworks for guiding and updating USAID, NASA, SERVIR hubs, and external partners and stakeholders on successes, program results, impacts and SERVIR’s alignment with and contribution toward USAID’s climate strategy and the President’s Emergency Plan for Adaptation and Resilience (PREPARE).
- Support USAID/RFS in utilizing KM tools and methods.
- Support and oversee development of knowledge products (e.g., learning briefs, newsletters, case studies, research findings and other technical products) and creation of data-driven visualizations (e.g., infographics, story maps) for internal and external audiences.
- Oversee the design, development, and management of up-to-date content and processes for use via USAID knowledge management platforms.
- Oversee creation of interactive web-based features, dashboards, and databases, as required.
- Monitor and evaluate knowledge management-related analytics.
- Organize and facilitate webinars, workshops, conferences, or other learning events for sharing best practices and lessons learned within and across offices and potentially with external audiences.
- Support development of learning agendas across USAID/RFS and promote strategic collaboration, learning, and adaptive management (CLA) to help RFS improve future knowledge management work
- Master’s degree in policy, management, social or physical sciences, international development, or another field related to climate change and development,
- At least 10 years of post-graduate experience working in a non-profit, government, or corporate setting, with a focus on data and knowledge management.
- At least 3 years of knowledge management team lead experience.
- Expertise in developing and implementing a wide range of knowledge management activities, including knowledge products, website development, digital campaigns (e.g., e-newsletters, social media strategy, traditional media engagement, success stories) as well as written collateral and products.
- Demonstrated experience in both strategic planning and adaptive management, including the USAID principles of collaboration, learning, and adapting.
- Experience working on USAID-funded projects in the climate change, natural environment and built environment sectors a strong plus.
- Experience with online and face-to-face approaches to knowledge management and learning.
- Experience with technology projects in the developing world.
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written).
- Excellent analytic skills, database management, programing, and strong interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated geographic information systems (GIS) expertise, including data analysis, management, visualization, and distribution. Understanding of applied Earth science information and products is necessary.
- Knowledge of data and metadata standards is an asset.
Perks & Benefits:
Competitive base salary
Work from home flexibility
401K with matching incentive
Flex Spending Account
Company provided short-term disability
Company provided life insurance
11 Paid holidays
Professional development opportunities
New business referral bonus
No recruiters or agencies please. Bixal is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a safe, inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds.
More Information on Bixal
Bixal operates in the Analytics industry. The company is located in Fairfax, VA and Washington, DC. Bixal was founded in 2001. It has 162 total employees. To see all 20 open jobs at Bixal, click here.
Read Full Job Description