- Job Description
- Manage the end-to-end publication process for assigned journals: Provide manuscript submission system support and editorial process support according to the Service Level set per journal and specific needs of the journal or scientific community. Provide first-line support to Editors and Publishing Editors about the status of articles throughout the publication process. Work closely with editorial offices, freelancers, and typesetting and print suppliers to advance the production process. Ensure timeliness and accuracy according to pre-determined production schedules and budgeted page and issue requirements.
- Establish professional relationships with societies, editorial offices, authors, and commercial sales: Employing the highest level of customer service, act as the primary day-to-day contact for all production matters for both internal and external customers. Support and uphold enhanced editorial criteria as established by societies and their editorial offices. Assist authors throughout the proofing process to ensure accurate implementation of all corrections and help address or redirect author queries. Coordinate closely with commercial sales on ad placement and commercial supplement requirements. Serve as a resource for all internal stakeholders, including publishing, marketing, commercial sales, and electronic publishing.
- Provide reliable status information: Maintain a transparent, open line of communication with internal and external customers regarding status, including implication of delays to support sound decision making and planning. Complete tasks and re-plan issues in Elsevier's workflow management system, thereby ensuring accurate and timely status reporting. Prepare standard or custom reports as needed to society editorial offices and journal publishers. Provide journal-specific information as requested by site manager for departmental reporting. Ensure that information and statistics, both structural and ad hoc, about journal performance for the entire end-to-end process are dissipated to management, other departments (e.g. Publishing) and to external Editors.
- Participate in continuous improvement and promotion of best practices: Work jointly with other journal managers and production management to regularly review processes and performance to ensure the highest levels of quality and customer satisfaction. Support society requirements and preferences while also taking a proactive and forward thinking approach towards recommending best practices. Recommend alternatives to traditional workflows in an effort to reduce costs and improve efficiency and speed to publication.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent command of English, including grammar, and usage
- Basic aptitude for proofreading, as well as a strong attention to detail
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Microsoft Office experience, including Word, Excel, and Outlook
Education & Skills
- Two to three years in an editorial production environment, ideally collaborating with authors and editors
- Bachelor's degree in English, communications, journalism or related field of study
- Direct customer service experience
Elsevier is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact [email protected] or if you are based in the US you may also contact us on 1.855.833.5120.
More Information on RELX
RELX operates in the Analytics industry. The company is located in New York, NY. RELX was founded in 1880. It has 10001 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Disability Insurance, Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits and Life Insurance. To see all 31 open jobs at RELX, click here.
Read Full Job Description