ITIL IT Senior Service Management (Remote) at Anaplan
Here at Anaplan, we have reinvented how companies see, plan, and run their businesses. Our platform allows our customers to uncover new insights, connect their strategy to their plans, and work in ways they had not previously thought possible. We’re growing fast, constantly innovating, and couldn’t be prouder to help our customers move forward with confidence in a sophisticated and changing world.
We are looking for forward-thinking people who put customer experience at the forefront of every decision. Individuals who thrive on challenges and are ready to grasp the opportunity of a lifetime. Because we fundamentally believe every colleague brings outstanding value to our whole. We are a workplace where each person feels seen, heard, and valued, and can contribute their unique talent to our collective effort. We believe that for ourselves and for our customers.
We want you to think big and act boldly by expressing your authentic best self! Anaplan is looking for a tenacious SENIOR ITIL/ITSM SERVICE MANAGER to join our Service Management team. This is a stellar opportunity to get involved in a highly visible, large-scale SaaS cloud company. This role is an immediate full-time position.
If you’re ready to roll up your sleeves and take on outstanding problems that no one else is solving, keep reading.
Come see for yourself what an exciting place to work looks like.
This is a technical and tactical management function within the Anaplan’s Platform engineering organization, leading GTO Service Desk responsible for coordinating a 24/7/365 global incident management and response (IM/IR) to ANY/ALL technical events that negatively impact Anaplan’s SaaS platform and customers. The role will be responsible for a 24/7 team of engineering service & incident managers using a documented process-driven incident management & response function for the Anaplan platform, influenced, and advised by ITIL IT Service Management (ITSM) standard methodologies.
This function will identify and coordinate all technical subject matter experts and business operations partners needed to do the following:
- Assess and triage technical events impacting the Anaplan platform and customers,
- Declare incidents or outages, open up incident channels and identify triage teams
- Investigate and obtain root cause analysis (RCA) for incidents
- Manage incident communications per documented procedures
- Provide ongoing incident lifecycle reporting to incident partners as incident and outage investigation and mitigation actions evolve.
- Document a procedural comm strategy & contact roles to manage IM/IR communications
- Mitigate and contain risk to the business by restoring services to customers ASAP
- Document and report on incident related event-detail
- Manage incident dashboards & generate incident & outage reports for data/trend analytics
- Conducts post-incident review (PIR) for all major incidents, defines corrective actions
- Supervise ongoing active incidents, including extended and after-hours critical issues
- Leverage technology to issue all platform incident management communications
- Leads, drives, & facilitates all investigation activities related to major platform incident
- Ensures all administration and reports are maintained and up to date. Lead the delivery of monthly status and summary reporting for major incidents and problem tickets
- Catalog known errors and links reoccurring incident history to them.
- Collaborate with engineers to refine operations to deliver/restore service more efficiently
- Ensure workarounds or fixes for known errors are in place and documented as appropriate
- Build knowledge management & sharing environment for incident troubleshooting
- Document incident-response compliance with customer Service Level Agreements (SLAs)
- Advise manager on any support issues from partners which inhibit restoration of services
- Leads all aspects of training on the framework for Anaplan incident management & response
- Perform analysis on incidents; produce reporting and dashboards to assist management
- Document, review, and maintain core Service Management SOPs, applying ITIL ITSM principles to team practices
- Analyze data, understand data trends, present findings and offer improvements and resolutions to system issues
- Proactively detect and prevent future problems/incidents and initiate the Problem Management process to allow quicker diagnosis and resolution
- Prioritize incidents based on vitality and impact on the Anaplan platform and its customers
- Personal flexibility and agility, with the ability to deal with complexity
- Strong people managers with clear organizational skills
- Strong communication and collaboration skills; rapid grasp of situational context and audience
- An ability to evaluate and deliver consistent, precise, and appropriate communication about customer impact and technical details to executive leaders and internal business partners
- A clear understanding of Anaplan’s organization
- Ability to grasp situational context under fire
- Broad-based technical experience sufficient to advise a diverse group of platform developers, engineers, site reliability engineers, and release management, during an incident
- Critical communication/orchestration tool skills: Slack, Jira, Office365 suite (SharePoint, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneDrive), Confluence, Box are all essential
- Experience in reporting, analytics, and information gathering
#LI - SP1
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Build your job in a place that thrives on diversity, inclusion, and belonging. We believe in maintaining a hiring and working experience in which all people are respected and valued, regardless of gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, citizenship, or any other aspect which makes people unique. We hire you for who you are, and we want you to bring your true self to work every day!
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, perform essential job functions, and receive equitable benefits and all privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Protecting the health and safety of our communities, including our employees and of those considering a career at Anaplan, is our highest priority. We continue to closely monitor the evolving situation, and we appreciate your understanding and flexibility with any related changes to our interviewing process.