IT Systems Administrator at Xpanxion (Atlanta, GA)
As the IT Operations Support Specialist, you will help take the technology team on site to the next level, a truly unique opportunity while growing your own skills and creating an amazing work experience for your colleagues. Your primary role will be to support the day-to-day technology operations including assisting on-site and remote users, on boarding new employees, tracking assets, building documentation, and performing end-user training when needed.
The IT Operations Support Specialist will work closely with the IT Operations Manager and Vice President of Technology to provide world-class technology services to our employees, both on-site and remote. The ideal candidate is a creative problem solver with a collaborative spirit and customer service mindset, a strategic thinker with a high level of attention to detail, innovative, in sync with technology trends, and articulate.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answer questions and resolve computer problems for users in person, via telephone, and email.
- Install hardware and peripheral components such as monitors, keyboards, printers and disk drives on customers' machines.
- Set up equipment for employee use, performing or ensuring proper installation of cables, operating systems, or appropriate software.
- Receive and assign tickets to appropriate internal and external support staff, escalate tickets outside of SLA’s until resolved.
- Provide desktop support for hardware and software, including printing, installation, email, and operating systems.
- Coordinate and work with third party support vendors in helping computer users for a variety of technical issues including networking, end user computer hardware, communications and applications.
- Install and perform minor repairs to hardware, software, or peripheral equipment, following design or installation specifications.
- Refer major hardware or software problems or defective products to third party support vendors for service.
- Develop training materials and procedures, or train users in the proper use of hardware or software.
- Confer with staff, users, and management to establish requirements for new systems or modifications.
- Travel to property locations to perform due diligence and/or install/setup
- Passion for quality and excellence
- Strong troubleshooting and root cause analysis skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Possess strong work ethic, time management and organizational skills
- Ability to travel, including air
- A valid driver’s license and limited use of your vehicle from time to time
- Speak English fluently and communicate well, both verbally and in writing
Desired Education, Experience, and Technical Qualifications:
- Windows 7/10
- Mac OS, iOS, Android
- Windows Server 2012 / 2016 / 2019
- Active Directory administration
- Office 365 administration
- Microsoft Azure / AWS
- Microsoft Office technical support
- Inventory tracking tools and processes
- Hands-on endpoint support experience
- Print management and support
- Working knowledge and understanding of networks including routing, switching, and firewalls
Certifications Desired: one or more of the following:
A+, Network+, Security+, CCNA, MCP, MCSE