IT Support Specialist at Hologram, Inc.
We're looking for an IT Support Specialist to help us streamline and secure our technical support processes.
- Build Hologram's help desk function, implementing your recommended combination of in-house and external vendors
- Provide technical support; responding in a timely manner to service issues and requests
- Build policies to securely onboard and offboard Hologram teammates and provision and deprovision software accounts
- Advise on equipment; build out plans to repair and replace equipment as necessary
- Consult and advise on tech considerations for physical office build-outs
- Advise and action on team-wide Internet security including SSO and VPNs
- Maintain and manage contracts and partnerships with service providers
- Install and configure computer hardware, software, systems, networks, printers, and scanners, A/V equipment, whether in person or remotely
- Test and advise on new technology
- Work with Dev Ops and other engineers to ensure Hologram's security
- Work station focus (as opposed to network focus); you know work stations inside and out
- You're great at maintaining and configuring endpoints
- Successful experience with IDP/SSO services that work in a cloud/remote environment
- Experience implementing MDM/policies in both Mac and Windows environments
- You're systems-oriented and strategic about developing scalable policies
- High levels of empathy; you recognize that your "customers" are the employees and are excited to serve them
- A problem-solving mindset with a desire to improve the user experience for employee
- Great communication skills
- Good sense of discernment, you can intuit the relative urgency of situation
- You thrive on simplifying processes
- Nice to have: Experience with WPA2 Enterprise networks and Ubiquiti hardware
- Nice to have: Experience with Okta or Rippling
Hologram is a fun, upbeat, and remote-first team united by our core values of ownership, transparency, and mindfulness. We trust you to do what’s best for our product, customers, and team members and empower you to make the right calls without heavy bureaucracy.
As part of our team, you'll receive:
- Competitive, transparent pay and equity. The salary for this role is $83,000-$97,000 for an average cost of living city. (For the highest cost-of-living cities like NYC and San Francisco, compensation rises to better meet your costs.)
- Unlimited paid time off and flexible scheduling
- 100% coverage of your medical, dental, vision, life, and disability benefits (and 80% for your family members!)
- 14 weeks of family leave
- Unlimited books, e-books, and audiobooks for continuous learning
- All the tools and equipment you need to do great work, as well as a generous home office setup stipend
We pride ourselves on celebrating everyone — Hologram is an equal opportunity employer actively working on creating a diverse and inclusive work environment where underrepresented groups can thrive.
Together we’re building something great: a way to help everyone – and everything – stay online and connected.What to expect in the interview process:
- 30-minute phone call with a member of our recruiting team
- 1-hour Zoom interview with Courtney, our VP of People
- 1-hour Zoom interview with members of our engineering team
- 1-hour Zoom interview with a member of our onboarding team
- Reference checks
If you share our values and our passion for connecting the world, we’d love to review your application! For any needed accommodations during the hiring process, please email [email protected]
Even if you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, please still consider applying. Studies show that you can still be considered for a role if you meet just 50% of the role’s requirements.