IT Support Specialist (Temp) at Blueboard Inc. (Remote)
Sorry, this job was removed at 8:07 p.m. (CST) on Thursday, March 24, 2022
Blueboard is an employee recognition and incentives platform powered by hand-curated experiences. Our platform makes it easy for companies to give meaningful rewards, incentives, and gifts—from one-of-a-kind to once-in-a-lifetime experiences. From a luxurious spa day to a trip around the world to see the Northern Lights to a family adventure behind-the-scenes at a local aquarium, we make it simple for companies to give their top performers memorable, meaningful, and personalized experiences. With Blueboard, employees enjoy incredible experiential rewards, and our clients increase employee engagement and elevate their team cultures.
Born and raised in San Francisco, Blueboard launched in 2014 and now serves hundreds of clients across the world. Our global team is over 100 Blueboarders strong, and we are thrilled to be a Great Place to Work, as well as one of Fortune’s Top 100 Workplaces. We are venture-backed by Greycroft, Origin Ventures, Bullpen Capital and others, with offices in San Francisco, San Diego, and Europe. Learn more at Blueboard.com.
We are building a team rich in diverse talents and experiences, and we welcome all applicants. If you’re not sure whether you’re qualified, but you’re passionate about Blueboard, we encourage you to apply!
The ideal candidate will have experience working at a startup or a similar fast paced environment. This role is primarily focused on providing the necessary support, assistance, guidance and technical know-how that enables our teams to operate more efficiently. This position adds massive value to our teams and the company as a whole.
Blueboard is growing rapidly, and as we grow, we’ll have gaps in data, process and knowledge that we know we need to fill. You will perform a wide variety of tasks to help fill in those gaps. Your expertise and ability to work with others will be crucial in helping them solve their problems.
Our ideal candidate has a diverse background, with strong knowledge in numerous areas of business, business applications and technology. You’re a multitalented person and an all around versatile worker. Above all, you’re a tinkerer and can figure things out.
You do not need to possess master-level abilities, but you will definitely need to show proficiency far above average in everything you do. Your effectiveness at communication and partnering with our various leaders, managers and individual contributors is essential as you lend them your expertise to help them get their jobs and projects done.
*The expected length of this engagement is 6 months. Pending performance and business needs you may be considered for a full-time permanent position.
- Although your specific duties will vary day-to-day, generally, you will be responsible for working with the Data, Privacy & Compliance team, as well as cross-functionally with the other teams in the company:
- Track, manage and resolve out-of-compliance issues (using SOC compliance monitoring tool) as they relate to users, equipment and software
- Provide IT and other technical support (Tier 1, 2+) for hardware and software; and also provide help to users with various ancillary support questions on software, reports, graphs, spreadsheets, formulas, etc.
- Adhere to and maintain ticketing systems to track, manage and report such issues
- Assist in the onboarding of new hires, including placing orders for new equipment and/or spinning up virtual machines and the follow-on setup of those devices and other related administrative duties
- Maintain hardware, software and virtual machines, including inventories, patch management, end-of-life, tech refresh, etc.
- Continually create and maintain documentation of tasks, processes, procedures, knowledge base, how-to articles, etc.
- Perform various ad-hoc administrative duties, tasks or projects, as needed, including such things as
- Research (finding both in- and out-of house data)
- Software or tool research (and subsequent configuration and implementation)
- Reporting and/or correction of any data, process or procedural errors you find
- Pointing users to correct resources (if the request falls outside the scope of this role, for example)
- Operate in a remote-work environment during normal US Pacific time business hours
Skills & Qualifications
- 2+ years working in a remote, full-time environment with various levels of cross-functional team members (individual contributors all the way up to leadership)
- Expert knowledge in Microsoft Office and Google Suite of products (Word/Docs, Excel/Sheets, Powerpoint/Slides, etc.), Atlassian products (including Confluence, Jira, etc.) and other common business applications found in technology startups
- Advanced knowledge in MacOS (primary) and Windows10 (secondary)
- Motivated and driven to learn new applications, tools and technologies, with an aptitude to reach expert-level skills in each
- Strong communication skills and complete fluency in written and spoken US English
- Capable of managing multiple projects, tasks and requests simultaneously
- Impeccable attention to detail and highly organized
- Curiosity and follow-through for researching ideas and solving problems
- Ability to follow process, take directions and recommend improvements
Nice to Haves
- Working (or better) knowledge of common tools related to automated email services, BI reporting, CRM, data warehouse, database management, integration apps, virtual machines
- Ability to read, follow and interpret diagrams or workflows and translate into technical documentation (and in reverse: translate technical documentation and create diagrams or workflows)
- A strong affinity to optimize work, workflows and processes through re-tooling, reconfiguring and/or the use of formulas, scripts, etc. to achieve automation over manual and labor-intensive inputs
More Information on Blueboard Inc.
Blueboard Inc. operates in the Travel industry. The company is located in San Francisco, CA. Blueboard Inc. was founded in 2013. It has 131 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Dental Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits, Company Equity, Remote Work Program, Paid Holidays and Paid Sick Days. To see all 9 open jobs at Blueboard Inc., click here.
Read Full Job Description