Coursera was launched in 2012 by two Stanford Computer Science professors, Andrew Ng and Daphne Koller, with a mission to provide universal access to world-class learning. It is now one of the largest online learning platforms in the world, with 87 million registered learners as of June 30, 2021. Coursera partners with over 200 leading university and industry partners to offer a broad catalog of content and credentials, including Guided Projects, courses, Specializations, certificates, and bachelor’s and master’s degrees. Institutions around the world use Coursera to upskill and reskill their employees, citizens, and students in many high-demand fields, including data science, technology, and business. Coursera became a B Corp in February 2021.
Coursera is looking for a motivated IT Support Specialist to help support our growing team and ensure our staff has the optimal technical working environment. This is an internal support position which requires versatility, attention to detail, a strong sense of urgency and troubleshooting skills. In this role, you will be the front facing contact to manage IT requests ranging from break/fix issues, SaaS administration, asset management, hardware deployment, user on-boarding, and some IT project participation. As part of a small IT team, you'll wear lots of hats and gain plenty of valuable experience. We’re at a very special time in the life of the company, when we are just starting to have a huge impact on millions of lives, and yet are still a small company such that every individual here has a huge role to play in driving where we are going as a company.
- Responsible for Global IT Support for 1000+ systems (95% Mac and 5% Lenovo), experience with end-user support by responding to client queries, solving technical problems including client software, hardware and network system problems
- Extensive experience with Mac OS, Windows 10, Windows Active Directory, Experience managing AV Systems including conference rooms
- Experience with various IT tools and SaaS applications: Google Suite, JAMF, Zoom, Virus Scan, Microsoft Office, Slack, Ring Central, Box, Dropbox, WDS, Jira, Confluence
- Daily duties can include receiving, prioritizing, documenting, routing, scheduling, help with general IT support, deep troubleshooting, documentation as well as A/V needs and project management as well as resolving any and all internal IT support requests
- Conduct New Hire training, including orientation on company IT platforms and tool familiarity, MiFi, mobile phone deployment, troubleshooting, and configuration assistance
- 3+ years of IT or Desktop Support / System Administration
- Working knowledge of networking / distributed computing environment concepts; local and network based user and group accounts and permissions including technical knowledge of current software protocols and Internet standards, including TCP/IP (IP4 and IPv6), subnetting, DNS, WINS, DHCP
- Detail oriented, methodical, meticulous, and process-oriented person who is prepared to instill the processes in a diverse, complex environment.
- Person with strong interest in leading edge tech and track record of continuing education.
- Experience training and explaining complex topics to end users, and interacting candidly and positively with management;
- Business fluency in English with a high level of written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to complete duties quickly and efficiently
- Self-motivated self-starter that can initiate ideas, effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a fast paced environment, escalating when necessary
- Ability to set expectations and provide exceptional customer service
If this opportunity interests you, you might like these courses on Coursera:
Google IT Support
Coursera is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected class.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, please contact us at [email protected]
Please review our CCPA Applicant Notice here.