New hires in office-based roles in the US & Puerto Rico will be required, subject to applicable law, to demonstrate that they have been fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or qualify for a medical or religious exemption to this vaccination requirement that can be accommodated without an undue burden to the operation. However, subject to applicable law, employees working in roles that the Company determines require routine collaboration with external stakeholders, such as employees in health services, customer facing commercial, or research based roles, will be required to be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment.
Attention NJ Applicants: In April 2020, our Company announced plans to consolidate our New Jersey campuses into a single New Jersey headquarters location in Rahway, NJ by 2023. Therefore, the NJ work location for this role will be temporarily based and the exact timing of the departmental move to Rahway, NJ will be communicated at a future date.
Our IT team operates as a business partner proposing ideas and innovative solutions that enable new organizational capabilities. We collaborate internationally to deliver the services and solutions that help everyone to be more productive and enable innovation.
This new role will work in the Office of the Chief Information and Digital Officer (OCIDO), initially focused on the global Simplify IT initiative.
We are looking for a proactive, 'hands-on' business and digital/IT individual contributor. This business consultant will have a growth mindset, great technical skills complemented with the ability to build strong partnerships, and an impact oriented, delivery mindset.
Key focus areas include:
Business consulting and agile approaches:
- Leverage and maintain a suite of 'consulting' tools and storyboard/templates for use across IT. The outcome is to guide a consistent approach across IT with a focus on business outcomes and success metrics
- Support the Office of the CIDO in leveraging the 'consulting tools' and playbooks, such as logically assessing opportunities, drafting current state process maps, and contributing towards future-state solution design
- Support the team to partner internally within IT to 'leverage the center' by taking a practical, pragmatic approach to supporting the delivery of our chosen initiatives
- Support standing up programs of work, as defined by the OCIDO (such as Simplify IT); and work in support of the IT and Digital strategy, with a relentless focus on business outcomes and delivering value, with a bias for quick wins to build momentum
- Leverages agile approaches to prioritize work and execute opportunities
- Provide ad hoc support and administration to various projects across IT
In partnership with and/or supporting the Office of the CIDO:
- Contributes to market scanning to proactively identify external business and technology trends, and leading practice in IT or business processes
- Contributes to researching external best practice, summarize insights and learnings for internal use and with stakeholders in a manner than turns theory into practical insights and application
- Contributes to briefing papers and summarize insights on external trends and business conditions
- Supports the coordination and orchestration of workshop logistics, and components of agendas, including technical and administrative support
Collaborates within IT and across the organization:
- Provide support to components of operations of the OCIDO
- Begins to build and leverage a network of strong relationships across the IT value chain
- Bring a passion for innovative ideas to challenge the status quo, couple with the ability to understand and assimilate different points of view
Education Minimum Requirement:
- Required: Bachelor's degree in business, computer science, information technology, management information systems, or related discipline
- Preferred: Master's Degree e.g., Master of Business Administration
Required Experience and Skills:
- Comfortable with ambiguity; a critical thinker able to provide structure and clarity around new ideas and innovations
- Strong communication skills with the ability to write effective, concise, and simple communications, taking complex concepts and writing in plain English
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a proven ability to leverage internal networks
- Developing a working knowledge of the IT environment including architecture, development, and a broad range of applications (e.g., cloud), technology (e.g., data and analytics, and automation) and infrastructure services
- Work with a sense of urgency and tenacious execution, with strong personal accountability to prioritize your own work, manage competing priorities and meet deadlines
- Experience in MS Office Suite and MS Power Apps, and other collaboration tools (e.g., Mural); with a growth mindset to develop skills further
- Thinks creatively and thrives on new challenges
- Experience in change management and agile practices
- Minimum of two years of experience in IT, business, and/or strategy roles
- Empathic and a global mindset
Our Support Functions deliver services and make recommendations about ways to enhance our workplace and the culture of our organization. Our Support Functions include HR, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Procurement, Administration, Facilities and Security.
Who we are ...
We are known as Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA in the United States and Canada and MSD everywhere else. For more than a century, we have been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world's most challenging diseases. Today, our company continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.
What we look for ...
Imagine getting up in the morning for a job as important as helping to save and improve lives around the world. Here, you have that opportunity. You can put your empathy, creativity, digital mastery, or scientific genius to work in collaboration with a diverse group of colleagues who pursue and bring hope to countless people who are battling some of the most challenging diseases of our time. Our team is constantly evolving, so if you are among the intellectually curious, join us-and start making your impact today.
NOTICE FOR INTERNAL APPLICANTS
In accordance with Managers' Policy - Job Posting and Employee Placement, all employees subject to this policy are required to have a minimum of twelve (12) months of service in current position prior to applying for open positions.
If you have been offered a separation benefits package, but have not yet reached your separation date and are offered a position within the salary and geographical parameters as set forth in the Summary Plan Description (SPD) of your separation package, then you are no longer eligible for your separation benefits package. To discuss in more detail, please contact your HRBP or Talent Acquisition Advisor.
Current Employees apply HERE
Current Contingent Workers apply HERE
US and Puerto Rico Residents Only:
Our company is committed to inclusion, ensuring that candidates can engage in a hiring process that exhibits their true capabilities. Please click here if you need an accommodation during the application or hiring process.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
OFCCP EEO Supplement
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination
We are proud to be a company that embraces the value of bringing diverse, talented, and committed people together. The fastest way to breakthrough innovation is when diverse ideas come together in an inclusive environment. We encourage our colleagues to respectfully challenge one another's thinking and approach problems collectively. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Flexible Work Arrangements:
Valid Driving License:
Number of Openings: