IT Service Desk Engineer at Coinbase
Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
The IT Operations team is comprised of Global Service Desk (you!), Systems Engineering, Global Office Expansion, Infrastructure, A/V and more. GSD works closely with each team on various projects and is the main source of support for the company. We have a large and growing team with a presence across the globe.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Provide amazing day to day hardware and software support for incredibly seasoned to novice users and everything in between
- Support Coinbase’s SaaS tools and compliance practices
- Learn, document, train, and support new applications and IT procedures, always keeping a keen eye on opportunities to refine processes to increase efficiency
- Support collaboration/AV hardware in conference rooms and event spaces
- Creating detailed and impactful documentation and training materials for your peers and our user base
- Mentor and upskill our emerging IT team members
- Working closely with partner across the IT Operations team to ensure project success
- Participate in our Scrum project teams
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- Technical expertise on OSX, iOS, Chrome OS, and Android operating systems
- Strong agent-level knowledge of Jira Service Desk, or similar ticketing system
- Mid-level networking knowledge and troubleshooting ability
- Strong administration experience with Google for Business, Jira, Confluence, Okta, Jamf, Slack
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- Demonstrable troubleshooting methodologies and root cause analysis
- Ability to move and setup hardware and peripherals around the office
Nice to haves:
- Scripting experience
- Experience project managing medium to large scale rollouts
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact [email protected] coinbase.com for additional information or to request accommodations.Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here: Ireland/EU, United Kingdom, and California. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.