IT & Security System Administrator-UK (Remote) at Cayuse LLC
The exciting world of scientific research is fueled by people with a passion for solving complex problems. At Cayuse, we are committed to our customers’ success by empowering organizations to conduct globally connected research that advances their impact on science, discovery and society. We build on that commitment with proven, integrated and easy-to-use technology that delivers exceptional value, and world class service and support that accelerates outcomes.
But we are more than just an empowering platform powered by advanced technologies. We are a collaboration of exceptional, highly skilled people with multi-disciplinary expertise, and are building our team to support our ambitious growth plans. Cayuse’s foundational strength comes from our customer and employee focused values and commitment to industry-leading solutions. It’s an exciting time to become a key member of our growing team.
- No agencies please
- C2C not available
- Unable to provide sponsorship at this time
The IT and Security Administrator is responsible for working closely with the Director, IT and Security to ensure smooth and efficient operation of our corporate IT and Security environment. We are currently seeking a dynamic technical administrator with in-depth experience administering corporate IT environments and overseeing the implementation and on-going support of various security tools and controls. This individual will utilize their skills to successfully support and maintain a SaaS based operating environment and optimize our internal security controls. The ideal candidate for this role will have a deep understanding of supporting a distributed workforce, implementing advanced privileged management solutions, zero trust networks, and ensuring that all of our internal controls meet the various compliance frameworks in which we need to comply. This individual will also work to influence future designs and changes to improve our internal end users overall satisfaction with our internal technology offerings. The IT and Security Administrator will have inputs into the overall IT budget, as it relates to internal IT and security, while playing a key role in consolidating and optimizing our internal systems and controls.
- Maintain essential Corporate IT operations, including operating systems, security tools, applications, servers, email systems, laptops, desktops, software and hardware
- Perform server administrations tasks, including user / group administration, security permissions, group policies, print services, research event log warnings and errors, resource monitoring and ensure corporate IT system architecture components work together seamlessly
- Create / maintain process documentation for internal infrastructure requirements including, laptops, servers, routers, switches, firewalls, security updates, LAN / WAN configuration
- Interact with the various internal teams to assist in troubleshooting, identify root cause and provide technical support where needed
- Maintain security of the corporate infrastructure, services, and systems
- Review current and upcoming security requirements/threats and create the necessary actions to mitigate any risks to the organization
- Perform as a member of the IT Incident Response Team for threats and security risks to the organization. This includes interfacing with the underlying teams/individuals to formulate and apply remediation action
- Gathering first-hand information on security controls requirements to find the most cost-effective improvements in IT security controls posture
- Researching and supplying new opportunities to improve security controls posture and presenting new ideas and approaches
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or equivalent combination of education, certifications, and experience
- 3 -5 years’ work experience as a Systems Administrator or Systems Engineer
- Experience administering and supporting various SaaS platforms, such as Google Workspace, Salesforce, Slack, etc.
- Experience with at least one scripting language (Python, PowerShell, etc.)
- Solid working understanding of LAN/WAN networks, including ZTNA
- Extensive work experience in Active Directory and other identity provider systems, such as Okta
- Knowledge of data security and access control systems, encryption and related matters.
- Knowledge of information protection methodologies and concepts, such as identification and authentication, access control, inception and audit trails.
- Advanced troubleshooting experience with system applications (Windows and Mac Platforms)
- Experience with system performance-monitoring tools
- Security designations (Security+) and knowledge of "best practice" frameworks (ISO27001, NIST, etc.) are preferred but not required.
- Ability to evaluate business processes and IT technology, identify risks, process gaps, and evaluate controls
- Ability to research and keep up to date of industry technical/business security requirements and translate those requirements into the information environment
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Competent interpersonal skills, demonstrating the ability to participate in projects
Holidays: 25 + UK public holidays
Full time employment 37.5hrs a week
Pension: 4% Employer (fixed), 5% Employee (minimum) Salary sacrifice scheme
Life cover: x6 base
Accident and Sickness cover: 50% until pension age
Private Medical cover: Bupa with no medical history required (single, couple, family) Taxable benefit
Our culture is one of inclusion and belonging where everyone feels respected, treated justly, supported and nourished. We all share responsibility for creating and sustaining a work environment where differences are celebrated and we are empowered to strive for excellence. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and actively seek to recruit, develop, and retain a diverse and talented workforce.