IT Security Analyst at GitLab
The security analyst plays a vital role in keeping an organization’s proprietary and sensitive information secure. He/she works inter-departmentally to identify and correct flaws in the company’s security systems, solutions, and programs while recommending specific measures that can improve the company’s overall security posture.Responsibilities
- Generate reports for IT administrators and business managers to evaluate the efficacy of the security policies in place.
- Monitoring security access
- Performing both internal and external security audits
- Continuously updating the company’s incident response and disaster recovery plans
- BA/BS in a business related field and/or equivalent years of education and experience working in a related field
- 3-5 years experience in Information Technology or Information Security experience.
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) preferred
- Knowledge of policies and procedures related to GDPR, CCPA, and PCI
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills with the ability to communicate compliance related concepts to a broad range of technical and non-technical staff
- Successful experience working, collaborating, and establishing credibility and relationships with senior leadership, colleagues, and clients
- Demonstrated success working with internal audit, external auditors, outside consultants, and legal affairs
- Demonstrated experience leading large-scale projects
- Ability to use GitLab
Also, we know it’s tough, but please try to avoid the confidence gap. You don’t have to match all the listed requirements exactly to be considered for this role.Hiring Process
To view the full job description and hiring process, please view our handbook. Additional details about our process can also be found on our hiring page.
Country Hiring Guidelines
Please visit our Country Hiring Guidelines page to see where we can hire.