IT Security Analyst Senior at FIS
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team:
FIS Security Operations is a team of cyber security professionals who are responsible to defend the organization against cyber security attacks and ready to respond to an immediate threat 24X7 and 365 days a year by using the world class security tools and network monitoring solutions.
What you will be doing:
As a member of the FIS- SOC (Security Operations Centre) you will be accountable for all aspects of monitoring logs and security events of computer systems, network devices, applications and the databases, you will be appointed at the SOC Tier 3 analyst role which requires mentoring, guiding the lower tiers of the SOC during the security incident handling lifecycle to appropriately resolve and respond to the threat within defined timelines based on the nature of the incident. You would also be required to generate regular reports detailing troubles, actions, suggested enhancements.
Perform a check on Tier 1 & 2 SOC work by:
- Reviewing High and Critical Alarms (All SIEMs)
- Verify Phishing Email submission alerts and see if SOC is not missing on any critical event and SOC Tier 1 and 2 are properly addressing them.
- Inputs to alarm tuning for SIEM
- Submit the details of the amount of work done in the topics listed above in the end of the shift.
- Review SIEM dashboard
- Look for top talkers in the network
- Top common events & classifications, why they are occurring, is there a risk associated with the event?
- Top IP (source and destination) is there a risk associated with the event?
- Top user based activities and watch for anomalies.
- Finding opportunities to create new alarms that are customized based on the internal threat, malicious events that are seen in the triage and hunting activities performed
- Submit the work items/findings in the shift hand-over
- Monitor SOC L3 queue in Archer and review any pending items, follow up with respective stake holders for pending incident closure.
- Act as a guide for lower Tiers of SOC.
- Drive incident response to critical incident and immediate threat by hosting conference call and inviting all concerned teams to mitigate the risk and contain the threat
What you bring:
• Knowledge of networks technologies (protocols, design concepts, access control)
• Knowledge of security technologies (encryption, data protection, design, privilege access, etc.)
• Knowledge of network design and engineering
• Proficiency in time management, communications, decision making, presentation and organizational skills
• Proficiency in planning, reporting, establishing goals and objectives, standards, priorities and schedules
• Basic to intermediate decision-making and problem solving skills
• Basic to intermediate verbal and written communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels in the organization
• Experience establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with employees and/or clients
Added bonus if you have:
- GCIH certified
What we offer you:
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
- A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility and respect
Notice to all US applicants: All employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Individuals with a disability (including a medical condition) or sincerely held religious beliefs or practices that prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an exemption from the vaccine requirement.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.