IT Operations Manager at Motional
IT Operations Manager responsibilities includes but is not limited to managing a team of ops engineers, change management, monitoring and resolving system issues. In this role you will partner with the organization and focus on delivering and maintaining the company’s infrastructure, applications, and end-user systems teams. The ideal candidate will be good at multitasking and working in a fast-paced environment, have strong bias for action, attention to detail, and enjoy learning new skills.
The Motional Las Vegas office is located less than 10 miles from the Las Vegas strip at 730 E Pilot Road, the Las Vegas office is home to one of the largest fleets of self-driving vehicles. The city’s grid system of roads and being one of America’s “smart cities” allows for extensive research and development testing.
What you'll be doing:
- Manage and enhance Motional's end-user experience including desktop software/images, mobile technologies, collaboration tools.
- Provide for the operation, monitoring, and alerting of enterprise solutions including servers, firewalls, and advanced networking.
- Manage and improve the IT Change Management Process
- Help to develop and maintain cross functional team collaboration with our DevOps and SRE teams
- Understand end-user support principles to provide guidance to End User Experience
- Maintain relationships with 3 party vendors.
- Develop business continuity and disaster recovery programs
- Coordinate with IT Security as needed to mitigate risk and resolve security concerns and issues quickly along with providing capability for configuration management
- Manage installations, upgrades and configurations of hardware and software
- Help to develop technical requirements for new systems (on-premise and in the cloud) with business partners and collaborate with other engineers across IT to help deliver results
What we're looking for:
- 5+ yrs experience with desktop systems (Windows, Mac, & Linux)
- 3+ yrs experience of deploying and supporting infrastructure technologies including
- Proven experience as IT Operations Manager (Incident, Problem, and Change management along with monitoring and capacity management)
- ITIL certification preferred
- Experience with system installation, configuration and analysis
- Thorough knowledge of networks and cloud computing
- Knowledge of data protection operations and legislation (e.g. GDPR)
- Leadership and organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Problem-solving aptitude
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Proven skills in service development, delivery, and operations
- Highly self-motivated with attention to detail
- Work effectively with very limited oversight
Why you should join us:
We are a growing IT department and encourage skill set growth among our team. Motional is moving on cutting edge technology and it’s an exciting space to work in. We are also an organization that fosters a culture that has a focus on DEI.
Motional IT Staff have exposure to a variety of leading edge technology on-premise and in the cloud to deliver capabilities to develop autonomous vehicles and related segments. Individuals in this role can expect to have exposure and opportunities to work on large scale storage clusters (PB), high speed networks (100Gbps), high performance compute services in the cloud, and a variety of other industry leading solutions.
Motional is a driverless technology company making self-driving vehicles a safe, reliable, and accessible reality.
The Motional team is made up of engineers, researchers, innovators, dreamers and doers, who together are creating a first-of-its-kind technology with the potential to transform the way we move. We’re behind some of the industry's largest leaps forward, including the first fully-autonomous cross-country drive in the U.S, the launch of the world's first robotaxi pilot, and operation of the world's most-established public robotaxi fleet.
As a leader in an emerging industry that has the promise of creating safer, more reliable and accessible transportation for all, it’s imperative we have a diverse workforce, create an inclusive culture, and understand the communities we operate in around the world.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is fundamental to Motional’s success. That’s why we’ve established a team to ensure DEI is at the forefront of the candidate and employee experience, beginning with the hiring process and continuing throughout your career. We also partner with organizations like the National Society of Black Engineers, the Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers, and the Society of Women Engineers to ensure our DEI work is informed by the latest thinking and approaches.
Strategically formed by Hyundai Motor Group and Aptiv, Motional is fundamentally changing how people move through their lives. Headquartered in Boston, Motional has operations in the U.S and Asia. For more information, visit www.Motional.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
Motional AD Inc. is an EOE. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To comply with Federal Law, we participate in E-Verify. All newly-hired employees are queried through this electronic system established by the DHS and the SSA to verify their identity and employment eligibility.