IT Manager - Program Office for Network and Field Operations at Brightspeed (Remote)
At Brightspeed, we are reimagining how people live, work, play and connect by providing fast, reliable internet connections and an awesome customer experience in twenty states throughout the Midwest and South.
Backed by funds managed by Apollo Global Management, our vision is to accelerate the upgrade of copper to fiber optic technologies, bringing faster and more reliable internet service to many rural markets traditionally underserved by broadband providers, while delivering best-in-class customer experience.
Be a part of the team that will make this vision a reality….designing and building a world class fiber network and creating a customer experience second to none.
Check us out on the web!Job Description
We are currently hiring an IT Manager, Program Office for Network and Field Operations Systems to join our rapidly growing IT team! As IT Manager, Program Office for Network and Field Operations Systems, you will lead a variety of projects with significant scope and impact supporting several business areas. In this role you will be focused on identifying and executing on initiatives for the entire IT org responsible for Network Engineering, Field Operations and Service Assurance. You will work with cross functional teams to lead these improvement initiatives that will enable the IT projects team to scale to the expansion demand, meeting the scope, budget, and timeline of the effort. Projects will be in disparate geographic locations and require strong communication skills to coordinate onsite and offshore remote work with teams globally. As a single point of contact for the project team, you will be responsible for end-to-end project management.
As IT Manager, Program Office for Network and Field Operation Systems, your responsibilities will include:
- Working with business leaders and stakeholders to define a continuous improvement roadmap and writing business cases to gain alignment and support for new initiatives.
- Create KPIs and tracking mechanisms to measure success of implemented initiatives and value to the business.
- Develop and manage IT projects from beginning to end, including project scope, timeline, hardware procurement, resource allocation, and project execution coordinating remote work closely with field teams.
- Provide project management and direction to ensure the project team has a clear understanding of timelines, risks, escalation path and roles/responsibilities they will undertake within the project team.
- Act as an escalation point for the project team and project stakeholders to manage risks, develop mitigation plans and path to green throughout the project.
- Proactively manage change control and communicate impact in project scope, identify issues, and devising contingency plans.
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical paths and with maintaining accurate project plans with real-time milestone, task and project health data for all your projects in the PPM tool.
- Update or develop documentation on processes that are critical to successfully implementing your projects.
WHAT IT TAKES TO CATCH OUR EYE:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience using data and metrics to drive improvements
- Experience owning program strategy, end to end delivery, and communicating results to senior leadership
- 5+ years of experience managing IT projects from initiation to closure
- Understanding of core IT infrastructure and service concepts
- Project management training, PMP or Prince2 certification or equivalent
- Experience managing continuous improvement initiatives
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated experience communicating effectively across organizational structures and multiple management levels
- Exemplary communication skills, managing conflict, escalations, negotiating compromise and influencing others
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment while prioritizing and managing multiple responsibilities
- Site launch experience of IT infrastructure (WLAN, LAN, end user equipment) in retail, distribution, logistics or similar
- Experience with procurement of IT equipment
BONUS POINTS FOR:
- Master's Degree - Project management training, PMP or Prince2 certification or equivalent
- Intermediate-level knowledge in one or more of the following: LAN, WAN, Wireless, Telecommunications, Systems Administration, Low voltage data cabling, or data facilities technologies
WHY JOIN US?
We aspire to contemporary ways of working.
We are committed to being a leader in defining a new way to work because we recognize the changing mindset of today's workforce. We meet you where you are...wherever you are, by providing sensible remote and hybrid work arrangements. Why? Because our purpose is to reimagine how people work, learn, play and connect!
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits.
Our benefits and paid time off programs reflect our underlying belief in promoting overall wellness through physical, emotional and financial health. We are committed to building a team as diverse as the customers we serve.
Diversity, equity and inclusion are at the center of our grounding belief in Being Real.
When we bring our authentic selves to work, everyone is better as a result. A diverse team helps us be fierce advocates for more accessible, inclusive and high-quality internet, because we believe doing so promotes equity in the communities we serve.
Brightspeed is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please be advised that Brightspeed (Connect Holding LLC) requires its employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to the Company’s legal obligations including potentially accommodating an employee’s sincerely held religious beliefs or medical condition.