IT Lead/Manager at Florence Healthcare (Atlanta, GA)
What We Do:
Florence (florencehc.com) software reduces the time it takes to deliver medical cures to those who need them. Our industry-leading software is used to streamline clinical trials at over 10,000 research sites, sponsors, and CROs across 44 countries.
Florence was recognized as the Biggest Impact Company, a Top 10 Innovative Company in Georgia by the Technology Association of Georgia in 2021, and most recently No. 31 on the Fortune list of Best Small Workplaces 2021.
What You’ll Bring to The Team:
At Florence, we’re passionate about making it easy for our customers to contribute to research and find cures. This IT role is a unique and exciting opportunity to grow with a fast-scaling company at the crossroads of innovative technology development and the life sciences. We seek a passionate and versatile Information Technology (IT) professional with a player-coach mentality, who will spearhead building a centralized IT function from the ground up.
Whether it’s partnering with internal stakeholders or external vendors, you’ll be providing the necessary support and building the infrastructure that enables our teams to perform at the highest level and focus on our clients who are advancing cures. Your success will depend on your ability (especially early on) to both execute tactically and plan strategically; resolving issues as they arise while also building solutions that scale.
We are looking for someone who can align with the hybrid nature of our organization, working in office 1-2 times a week and/or as needed, while effectively performing IT responsibilities remotely for all employees located in the US and internationally.
- Be the IT human at Florence; resolving issues, running daily ops, and owning our IT strategy - that utilizes resources internal and/or external - to meet future growth
- Design and manage an IT helpdesk that provides onsite & remote technical support for variety of IT issues including desktop, networking, application and server related issues
- Manage onboarding and offboarding needs for all employees (domestic and international), including procurement, provisioning and logistics for a variety of hardware
- Support and manage all current and changing aspects of our IT environment; including macOS and Windows workstations, mobile devices, audio/visual equipment, and networking equipment
- Manage and/or partner with Information Security to administer user access across various systems, applications and tools
- Design and own an efficient and effective approach to systems administrations for both centralized and cross-functional solutions
- Provide support for all third-party software applications used by Florence employees, such as Google Workspace, 365 MS Office, Salesforce, Slack, Zoom, Jamf and more
- Create, design and improve IT processes, policies, and documentation to ensure sustainability, scalability, and security as our company grows
- Establish and maintain a close relationship with Information Security and Compliance to ensure alignment and standards are met
- Comprehend policies, standards, and follow procedures such as incident, service request, change, and asset management
- Assist with the development and documentation of security policies and procedures necessary to mitigate risk and align with industry standards, regulations, and best practices
- Research, test, and deploy new technology to keep our team aligned with industry standards and trends
- Help to ensure the stability and security of devices and accounts
- Assist in the completion of third-party security questionnaires as they relate to our IT policies and processes
- Assist with all other IT activities and responsibilities as they arise
An Ideal Candidate has:
- A player-coach mentality; comfortable and eager to be hands on while building up this new function
- Bachelor's degree from accredited university and/ or equivalent years of work experience
- Three or more years of relevant work experience in a technical support role (both in-person/onsite and remote via phone/text/video conferencing)
- One or more years supporting professionals & executives in an internal IT support role
- Demonstrated experience understanding complex issues and explaining them in terms appropriate for technical and/or nontechnical audiences
- Solid networking knowledge and ability to support small and home office networks, globally
- General knowledge of compliance, risk, and security
- Experience in incident investigation, incident analysis including log and raw data analysis, and incident response
- Advanced knowledge of Mac hardware & software, OS X and mobile platforms iOS and Android
- Has rich experience with Google Workspace, Microsoft Office apps, Atlassian tools (Jira and Confluence), Zoom, anti-malware and network
- Asset management experience
- Ability to research, problem solve, and be self-sufficient
- Ability to solve complex problems with a sense of urgency, while maintaining a positive attitude. No jerks allowed
- Must be tactful, detail-oriented, and have a passion for accuracy
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, technical, and mission-focused environment
- Excellent verbal communication, written and documentation skills to document support procedures and processes.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively, and self manage competing priorities
- Desire to provide exceptional customer service and satisfaction
- Drive and desire to find solutions and work all IT related issues to resolution
- Is highly motivated in improving processes through automation
Bonus Points if you have:
- Industry certifications such as: Microsoft Certified, Mac Certified Technician, Google IT Support certificate, CompTIA
- Experience with AWS
- Experience in threat intelligence, cloud security, and web application firewalls
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of encryption, authentication, and identity and access management
- Understanding of regulatory requirements such as HIPAA, GDPR, CCPA
- Track record of respectfully and purposefully challenging the status quo (you leave things better than you find them)
What’s in it for you?
- Do well. We offer exceptional salary, meals at the office, the PC setup of your choice and office space in the heart of Atlanta, as well as medical and dental insurance
- Do good. We insist that health technology is the highest calling for software development. We pride ourselves on working on something bigger than ourselves; helping advance cures and therapies
- Enjoy. We also pride ourselves on our culture, and take intentional steps to promote the growth and wellbeing of our team as well as have a positive impact in our communities. Our office is located in Midtown and we embrace a hybrid work lifestyle
Florence Healthcare supports workplace diversity and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, physical disability, or any other protected class.