Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it's necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Atlassian is seeking an experienced, strategic, and innovative IT Enterprise Architect to lead in the transformation of our enterprise IT platforms, products, and services. This individual will act as a trusted technical partner to the IT leadership team.
The IT Enterprise Architecture team is accountable for envisioning an IT 3 year strategy that considers target-state architectures, process improvements, technology strategy, and the fiscal year investments needed to achieve Atlassian's goals.
What's expected in this role:
- Take the lead in translating Atlassian's business goals into architectural designs; apply critical and creative thinking/approach to technology strategies that further business objectives while keeping in mind performance, reliability, scalability, usability, security, flexibility, and cost
- Extend existing architecture standards; own the Business Capability Map and models, Enterprise Architecture; Influence solution architecture
- Assess state of Enterprise Architecture maturity and define opportunities for progress
- Push the organization forward towards innovations that are embraced across multiple domains; actively learns from the broader industry and brings insights back to the organization
- Collaborate with IT's Strategic Planning group to influence investment roadmaps
- Consider the use of Atlassian's products in our architecture; work with the Customer Zero team on product feedback; share our approach externally with customers
What you will bring:
- Broad and technical experience; Is an expert in multiple technical topics or business domains (e.g., Sales, Marketing, Finance, etc.) technology and architecture; experience leading large-scale transformation projects and implementations
- Deep experience in complex system design within companies with different types of business and operating models (existing, new, emerging, and hybrid)
- Strong understanding and experience with implementing modern application solutions by executing programs at scale using Agile methodologies
- Experience with cloud-first architectures (SaaS, PaaS, iPaaS), intelligent automations, and modern integration architectures
- Knowledge of existing, new, and emerging technologies and ability to apply them to new business designs and business models
- Broad knowledge and experience in architecture domains, including business, application, data, infrastructure and security architecture
- System and data flow knowledge; ability to learn and adapt to new product flows and software technologies
Skills you will need:
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills and the ability to build original concepts and hypotheses for a variety of projects
- Excellent communication skills that translates business problems in technical solutions
- Ability to switch anytime from being a high-level strategy person to an "in the weeds" technical person
- High level of energy and a desire to thrive in a large, fast-paced organization; ability to balance multiple projects under pressure
Credentials and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in business, information systems or related discipline, architecture framework (eg, TOGAF, Zachman, Gartner) certification a plus
- Combined 12+ years of experience in several of the following areas: software design and development; architecting of modern heavily utilized, highly available applications
- Preferred experience in the Go-To-Market ("front office", sales/marketing/customer support, etc) domain
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world's best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team .
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub .