IT Disruption Resilience Architect at McKinsey & Company (Atlanta, GA)
| Atlanta, GA
Sorry, this job was removed at 3:21 a.m. (CST) on Thursday, August 18, 2022
What You'll Do
As the Disruption Resilience Architect you'll develop and apply DR tiering structures to analyze application resiliency requirements while working across business and technology groups to understand DR needs and capabilities.
You'll assess recovery plans to determine actual state of application/platform resiliency and conduct gap analysis to identify areas of improvement. As you help establish application/platform testing standards and guidelines you'll be tasked with conducting reviews of the plans and testing exercises. This will include driving the creation and testing of DR runbooks to streamline recovery efforts for technology disruptions (natural and human-caused).
As you partner with key stakeholders to develop and implement DR standards for cloud and on-prem technology services you'll assess those services and platform architectures to ensure implementations are highly resilient and recoverable.
You'll participate in technology development and implementation projects to incorporate resiliency requirements into the solution design. You'll partner with the Business Continuity program to conduct BIA assessments, work with third party DRaaS vendor(s) to implement DraaS solutions and lead assigned projects related to the DR program.
Who You'll Work With
As an IT Disruption Resilience Architect, you will be based out of our Waltham or Atlanta office and work as a member of our global Risk program within our Tech Ecosystem.
You'll engage with leaders and stakeholders at varying levels and help execute the strategy and workstreams of the DR program. The DR program is a Firm wide effort to ensure that technology services including tools, applications and services are resilient by design and recoverable in case of potential disruption events.
- Bachelor's degree in an appropriate field from an accredited college/university preferred
- Expert knowledge and experience of business continuity and disaster recovery subjects
- Experience working as a senior Enterprise DR, Infrastructure, or Application Architect.
- Expert knowledge and experience of Cloud services (e.g., ServiceNow, AWS, Azure, etc.) as well as data center-based platforms (Operating Systems, IAM, Virtualization, Network, Storage Etc.), especially from a DR perspective.
- Strong breadth of knowledge of various technology architecture domains e.g., Infrastructure, Application, Data, Security, etc.
- Strong leadership, project management, presentation, and collaboration skills
- Experience working with enterprise class disaster recovery solutions including Zerto, VMWare SRM, Rubrik, TSM, Veeam etc.
- Expert in technical documentation writing skills with proficiency to create technical manuals, specification documents, standards, and guidelines, etc.
- Certification in the DR space such as Mile2 C/DRE, EC-Council's EDRP, BCM's DRCP, DRCS or DRCE are desirable.