IT COMPLIANCE AND RISK MANAGEMENT LEADER at Caterpillar
Your Work Shapes the World
Whether it be groundbreaking products, best in class solutions or creating a lifelong career, you can do the work that matters at Caterpillar. With a 95-year legacy of quality and innovation and 150 locations in countries around the world, your impact spans the globe.
When you join Caterpillar, you are joining a team of makers, innovators and doers. We are the people who roll up our sleeves and do the work to build a better world. We don’t just talk about progress and innovation. We make it happen. And we are proud of that because it helps our customers build and power the world we live in – the roads, hospitals, homes and infrastructure. Without a dedicated workforce Caterpillar could not effectively meet our customer’s needs. Join us.
The IT Compliance and Risk Management Leader role is to lead, coach, and mentor a team of resources focused on IT related compliance and risk management initiatives. This role will support Global Information Services, GIS, organization by leading initiatives and programs to ensure IT SOX compliance, adherence to export and regulatory controls and support for our Mergers and Acquisition team. In addition, this role is responsible for leading our enterprise IT strategy IT risk workstream and the GIS IT risk strategic focus area.
- Responsible for leading GIS IT SOX compliance efforts, including working across multiple business units and with internal and external audit partners to establish priorities, support IT control testing and oversee issue remediation.
- Help ensure GIS compliance with export controls and legal and regulatory requirement related to our IT products and solutions. Works closely with Law and Public Policy team as well as other distributed IT organizations to ensure the appropriate processes and procedures are in place and monitored. Works collaboratively across other business units to help drive understanding, execution, and adoption of IT related export compliance initiatives.
- Manage the GIS Data Privacy program framework and execution for GIS. Collaborate with Law and Public Policy team and Digital IT organization to ensure compliance and to support Data Governance efforts.
- Provide leadership and support for IT resources supporting enterprise mergers, acquisitions, and integration planning and execution activities.
- Lead IT Risk Workstreams for enterprise IT Strategy and IT Risk Strategic Focus areas. Collaborate with GIS and distribute IT team leadership to identify and ensure progress on key IT risk initiatives, Assist with IT Counsel and Audit Committee IT Risk updates.
- Provide support, direction, focus, motivation, and development for Caterpillar team members. Ensure resource have what they need to be engaged and successfully deliver on expected work goals. Also support their continuous learning and career development to ensure the team is positioned for ongoing success.
- 4-year IT college or university degree.
- 7+ years of progressively responsible job-related experience, including IT leadership experience.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and organization skills.
- Experience with planning, leading, and facilitating large scale efforts that involve cross functional teams.
- Ability to anticipate and set enterprise strategic direction for areas of responsibility.
- Ability to lead and influence other both inside and outside of reporting organization. Including staff, business partners, and executive leadership.
- Enterprise focus / collaborative mindset with knowledge about Caterpillar business and processes (including enterprise policies and procedures).
Top Candidate Will Also Have:
- Business process, auditing, IT Controls, SOX, or compliance background or experience.
Location: Dallas, Texas; Nashville, Tennessee; East Peoria, Illinois
Employee benefit details:
Our goal at Caterpillar is for you to have a rewarding career. Our teams are critical to the success of our customers who build a better world.
Here you earn more than just a salary because we value your performance. We offer a total rewards package that provides day one benefits [medical, dental, vision, RX, and 401(k)] along with the potential of an annual bonus.
Additional benefits include paid vacation days and paid holidays (prorated based upon hire date).
Please frequently check the email associated with your application, including the junk/spam folder, as this is the primary correspondence method. If you wish to know the status of your application – please use the candidate log-in on our career website as it will reflect any updates to your status.
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.Caterpillar.com/Careers
Relocation is available for this position.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here .