The world of finance moves fast. At FIS, we're faster. Our teams are empowered to learn, grow, and make an impact-in their careers and communities. We deliver innovation that advances the way the world pays, banks and invests. If you want to grow personally and professionally, we'd like to know: Are you FIS?
About the role:
The candidate will be part of a highly motivated and talented pool of professional services organization, designing and implementing complex business applications solutions across several lines of businesses within FIS. The candidate will be responsible for Infrastructure design, installation, configuration, testing, security, and maintenance of software applications during the life cycle of implementation of various business solutions. The candidate will act as technical liaison between FIS product development, business analysts, project management and client technical SMEs, around infrastructure design and implementation. Expert career role with individual contribution expected. Highly experienced professional with broad and unique technical knowledge required.
About the team:
LFI Banking Technology Services team is responsible for end-to-end support of technology platform and application environments, for Modern Banking Platform (MBP), Hadoop and Digital One (D1) application, in Azure/Dev segment. Team provides infrastructure and DevOps services to client implementations on Openshift and distributed platforms. In addition, team also provides end-to-end platform support of Hadoop cluster, including base install, upgrades, security patching, monitoring, tuning and access control.
What you will be doing:
- Provisioning, configuration, and maintenance of application run time environments in Openshift, Hadoop and distributed server platforms
- Application deployment, configuration, and release upgrades of MBP, CAPE RAS and Digital1 applications
- Monitoring and triaging any issues of the running instances of the applications - end-to-end ownership
- Configuring applications with external interfaces - IdP, Kafka, Code Connect, any other interfaces required
- Technical SME and primary ownership of infrastructure related issues for the project environments
- Act as infrastructure SME and primary contact with client counterparts
- Working with product development organization to assimilate product release notes and other product related artifacts for application deployments
- Assist implementation project teams with custom application configuration including connectivity, security, access control
- Employ consistent application deployment processes leveraging CICD tools, with emphasis on automation
- Develop, test, package and maintain any custom configuration as immutable artifact to be promoted to higher environments - UAT/Prod.
- Install and maintain base SW as needed (primarily for the Hadoop platform)
- Any other DevOps related duties as required
What you will need:
- 5-7 years of actual working, hands-on experience in below technology and skills Openshift skills:
- Strong technical skills managing application instances in Openshift container platform. Strong hands-on experience deploying applications, managing, and troubleshooting.
- Additional working experience in Microsoft Azure will be a plus.
- Overall experience working with Docker/Kubernetes platforms
- Strong skills working with Helm
- Strong admin skills in JBoss and UNIX
- Strong skills managing Hadoop cluster for Cloudera distribution (CDP)
- Experience in supporting and working on HDFS, YARN, Hive/Hive on Tez, Impala, Spark, and Ranger.
- Proven Experience in Hadoop Cluster Tuning and monitoring.
- Experience and midlevel knowledge in Python package installation/upgrades and Shell scripting/Python scripting and troubleshooting.
- Basic SQL skills working with Oracle and/or Postgress
- Working experience with Kafka and Airflow is desired.
- Strong skills and working experience with CICD tools - Jenkins, Confluence, Bitbucket, Artifactory, JIRA and other Atlassian tools
- Working knowledge of networking concepts and network security - firewall, HA proxy/reverse proxy, network routing, load balancer, Active Directory etc.
- Working knowledge of storage management
- Strong working knowledge of security concepts and authentication, security certs configuration
- Basic shell scripting or other scripting skills
- Well-rounded and broad DevOps and system administration skills
- Understanding of systems used in banking and financial industry
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
What we offer you:
At FIS, we hire the best. In return, you receive exceptional benefits including:
- Opportunities to innovate in fintech
- Tools for personal and professional growth
- Inclusive and diverse work environment
- Resources to invest in your community
- Competitive salary and benefit
Notice to all US applicants: All employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Individuals with a disability (including a medical condition) or sincerely held religious beliefs or practices that prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an exemption from the vaccine requirement.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.