Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team:
You will be joining the FIS Enterprise Platforms (Code Connect and Event Broker) team in our Enterprise Architecture organization.
What you will be doing:
FIS Code Connect is a platform supporting our API and Event integration capabilities. FIS is making significant investments in this area to establish FIS as a leader in OpenAPIs ultimately enabling banks to provide the best products and overall customer experience. You will be working closely with both development and product teams regarding the architecture of the platform and providing API model support and oversight.
General Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop modern API architecture which supports product requirements, including performance, scalability, security, and manageability
- Establish, evolve, and defend common standards, patterns, and practices for APIs
- Leads the Technical Design Authority whose goal is to ensure all APIs adhere to the latest API standards and drive to API design consistency
- Collaborate with diverse technical delivery teams to build modern service based architecture to scale and innovate
- Sustain the ongoing transformation to a Continuous Deployment model through high-level of automation
- Proactively learns new technologies, standards, and applications; keeps current with technology developments within the industry
What you bring:
- Modern API architectures using domain driven design, OpenAPIs, Microservices, and Event driven models
- Design and build user-centric API ecosystems to drive new consumer experiences and unlock business capabilities
- Experience with API lifecycle management, API layering techniques (experience, process, system APIs), API orchestrations, Data Mapping, and the corresponding technologies
- Experience applying modern REST constructs, JSON while designing API interface design
- API design patterns for authentication, authorization, mediation, transformation, and data security
- Deep understanding of different integration patterns and best practices such as events, synchronous vs. asynchronous messaging, peer-to-peer, Publish-subscribe, etc.
- Microservices topologies, including operational concerns such as resiliency, observability, discovery and routing, etc.
- Articulate trade-offs and drive high-impact technology decisions on emerging technology choices like API gateways, Microgateways, Service Mesh, and commercial vs. open source software
- Have experience with, and understand how to lead, legacy integration and remediation (facades, strangler approaches, et. al.)
- Ability to present and defend architecture, design, and technique choices to internal and external audiences
Added bonus if you have:
- Hands-on API development, integration using API Management solutions like WSO2, Apigee
- Experience with Cloud/Container technologies from OpenShift, Azure, AWS or GCP
- Experience with Banking or Payment solutions
- Experience with industry domain models like BIAN, FDX, or ISO20022
- Experience with GDPR, PCI DSS
What we offer you:
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- A broad range of professional education and personal development possibilities - FIS is your final career step!
- A competitive salary and benefits
- A variety of career development tools, resources and opportunities
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.