Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
The Enterprise Architecture team is made up of all levels of Architects within the Banking Solutions division: Enterprise, Solution, and System/Application. The team has the responsibility and privilege for setting the architectural and technology roadmap for the breadth of applications within the division and providing guidance to the other functional and technical areas to create and maintain these strategic applications.
What you will be doing
The primary focus of this position will be at the Business/Solution Architect level, but some activities of the Application Architect and Enterprise Architect levels will also apply.
As aSolution Architect, you will be responsible for defining and communicating a shared technical and architectural strategy across the Loyalty domains, LOBs, and initiatives.
TheSolutionArchitectsare focused primarily on the following responsibilities:
- Participating in the planning, definition, and high-level design of solutions
- Exploring solution alternatives
- Participating in Enterprise Architecture Strategy discussions and planning
- Providing feedback to inform the Enterprise Architecture Strategy
- Aligning technology solutions & approaches with other domains through the Enterprise Architecture Strategy
- Applying Enterprise Architecture patterns, practices, components, etc. at the domain level
- Participating in domain-specific SAFe ceremonies, such as PI planning events, demos, etc.
- Solution Architects will lead the Architectural Roadmap presentations during PI planning events
- Providing oversight and guidance toSystem Architects
- In partnership with theSystem Architects:
- Ensuring that business requirements align with key operational requirements including: supportability, scalability, availability, security, and disaster recovery
- Coordinating the creation of detailed environment infrastructure architecture documentation.
- Educational Requirements Bachelor's degree in computer science or engineering or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience. Post-graduate education desired.
- Must have led technology direction for multiple projects and led or presented architecture concepts outside realm of immediate workgroup
- Demonstrated experience as application development system designer or technical lead on many "very large", e.g., 10,000 hours or more spanning more than 6 months projects
- May also require one or more of the following experience requirements:
- Five or more years working in a distributed and heterogeneous computing environment (ZOS, UNIX, Windows)
- Five or more years demonstrated experience in working with relational (and/or hierarchical) databases
- Five or more years demonstrated experience in modern software application technologies
- Successful design and implementation of applications in a shared service bureau environment
- Experience in building On-Line Transaction Processing (OLTP), batch and reporting systems
- Knowledge of financial services industry
- In-depth knowledge of end-to-end systems development life cycles including waterfall, iterative and other modern approaches to software development
- Proficiency in solutions design and requirements definition disciplines leveraging model driven design based tools and techniques including conceptual solution component models, business process models, use cases, etc.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels in the organization, e.g., executive, management, individual contributors
- Excellent analytical, decision-making, problem-solving, team and time management skills
- Ability to persuade and influence others on the best approach to take
- Ability to estimate work effort for project sub-plans or small projects and ensure the project is successfully completed
- Positive outlook, strong work ethic and responsive to internal and external customers and contacts
- Willingly and successfully fulfills the role of teacher, mentor and coach
Added bonus if you have:
- Experience participating in SAFE organization and SCRUM teams.
- Knowledge of FIS products and services
- Experience in building robust and scalable infrastructure architectures (telephony systems, network services, web farms, multiple-node systems, etc.
- Fluency in developing and understanding sequence diagrams, class models, etc.
- In-depth knowledge of networking, computing platform, storage, database, security, middleware, network and systems management, and related infrastructure technologies and practices
What we offer you
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- A modern, international work environment and a dedicated and motivated team built on collaboration, flexibility, and respect
- A broad range of professional education and personal development possibilities - FIS is your final career step!
- A competitive salary and benefits
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
- Time to support charities and give back in your community
**Current and future sponsorship are not available for this position**
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.