Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team:
Application Change Control is engaged in managing mainframe environments for many of our hosted institutions. The team works on implementation and integration of systems projects.
What you will be doing:
- Interface with clients regarding professional services development projects and the debugging of our code base while managing expectations and communicating project status
- Develop product customizations and integrations and perform technical implementation tasks
- Assess customer needs to develop and configure the software
- Participate in data analysis, mapping, and configuration meetings
- Communicate status internally, to the project team, and externally with the customer
- Participate in troubleshooting network, data, software related issues
- Provide support with Digital Certificate Implementation
- Provide support with DevOPS pipeline setup and deployment of applications
- Participate in on call rotation
- Defines and maintains a library of functional component models within and across FIS product lines.
- Documents functional product solutions for key FIS product strategy and product management initiatives leveraging defined functional component model libraries and the defined product line architecture roadmap.
- Documents functional product solutions for key FIS financial services sales opportunities leveraging defined functional component model libraries and the defined product line architecture roadmap.
- Maintains a catalogue of reusable functional application components consumable across applications and product lines.
- Reviews functional and technical designs to identify areas of risk and/or missing requirements.
Acts as tie breaker on design decisions.
- Documents and communicates opportunities to leverage inter-project synergies, application and enterprise software or infrastructure asset re-use and opportunities to expose application assets for enterprise consumption.
- Communicates system architecture to technical and business audiences.
- Tech Stack: Unix, Windows, Java, Code Connect, FIS Cloud.
What you bring:
- Experience building applications/platforms from ground up.
- Experience working in production support environment.
- Experience with implementation and integration of systems.
- Experience with troubleshooting logs, working with digital certs, etc.
- In-depth knowledge of end-to-end systems development life cycles including waterfall, iterative and other modern approaches to software development
- Must have led technology direction for multiple projects and led or presented architecture concepts outside realm of immediate workgroup
- May require a thorough understanding of design patterns and their application
- May require a thorough understanding of Model-View-Controller design patterns for web applications
- May require a fluency in developing and understanding sequence diagrams, class models, etc.
- May require in-depth knowledge of networking, computing platform, storage, database, security, middleware, network and systems management, and related infrastructure technologies and practices
Added bonus if you have:
- Knowledge of FIS products and services
- Knowledge of financial services industry
What we offer you:
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- A broad range of professional education and personal development possibilities - FIS is your final career step!
- A competitive salary and benefits
- A variety of career development tools, resources and opportunities
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
Notice to all US applicants: All employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Individuals with a disability (including a medical condition) or sincerely held religious beliefs or practices that prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an exemption from the vaccine requirement.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.