IT Admin at HackerRank (Remote)
We’re revolutionizing tech hiring by giving companies a skills-based hiring platform that allows them to effectively assess technical skills. We’re a friendly, motivated, and passionate bunch looking for more smiling faces to join us. We’re growing fast and looking to add to our General & Administrative team. This position is Full-Time and Remote within India.
As an IT Admin, you will support every user within the organization and play a pivotal part in generating new processes and owning systems and hardware support for the APAC and EMEA regions. You are excited to have an opportunity for growth in your career, want to make an impact helping our teams thrive, and enjoy shaping the future of the HackerRank IT team.You will be working on:
- Own and responsible for IT service requests including providing remote tier 1 & 2 helpdesk activity support. This includes day-to-day operations, troubleshooting, ticket and system management.
- Identify, resolve or escalate technical problems for individuals and groups in an efficient manner, recognizing the proper course of action to take, communicating and escalating severe issues as appropriate. This includes the ability to effectively support remote users via phone, email and desktop remote control software.
- Inventory and asset management, including vendor ordering and setup of laptops for our new employees. Maintain end-user records to track and manage company assets and inventory.
- Update tickets with information from both end-users, other support teams, and vendors.
- Support our weekly New Hire Orientation classes including weekly new hire onboarding efforts, providing training, delivering onboarding documentation, and helping ensure that all new hires are set up for success on day one with the correct hardware and access.
- Configuration and deactivation of computers and accounts for new hires and terminated employees. Create user accounts, provide access to distribution lists and group mailboxes.
- Work in conjunction with other IT team members to implement and deploy new technologies and processes.
- Collaborate with Facilities and IT Service Desk teams in the setup, maintenance, and troubleshooting of Zoom Rooms and AV setup, and WiFi network
- Document processes, procedures, and support guides to assist our staff with the most common troubleshooting requests and internal IT processes.
- You are within commuting distance of our Bangalore office for hardware deployment, office maintenance, and warranty repair on a daily basis.
- Minimum 1 year experience with Google and Okta Administration
- 2-3 years of experience in an IT help desk environment
- 2-3 years experience configuring and supporting macOS and Microsoft Windows. You have strong knowledge of MacOS as we are a 98% macintosh environment
- Knowledge of administering a variety of SaaS applications including: Okta, Google Suite, O365, Adobe, Atlassian, Slack, and Zoom.
- You are solution oriented and look for ways to improve existing processes and create processes when needed.
- Ability to clearly explain IT concepts to both technical and non-technical users.
- Can work independently and anonymously, you leverage data within our environment, systems, and whitepapers to ensure proper decision making and build processes.
- Ability to prioritize and complete projects per IT Support SLA commitments
- Proven success in taking initiative, work on multiple projects, and organizing skills
- You are tech-savvy, have a strong desire to learn, and love incorporating new technologies
- Identify opportunities for improving IT processes and efficiencies in your daily routine
- Knowledge of python, bash or apple scripting
- MDM experience with JAMF or Airwatch a plus
We have a full package of competitive benefits and perks which include:
- One-time home office set up stipend
- Monthly Remote Work Enablement Stipend
- Professional Development Reimbursement
- Wellbeing Benefits (Headspace, Ginger, Carrot, Cleo, Aaptiv, etc)
- Unlimited paid time off, paid leave for new parents, and flexible work hours
- Insurance for all employees (term life, personal accident, medical) along with medical insurance for their dependents
- COVID 19 insurance to employees and dependents
- Employee stock options, flexible work hours, and time off
HackerRank is a Y Combinator alumnus backed by tier-one Silicon Valley VCs with total funding of over $58 million. The HackerRank Developer Skills Platform is the standard for assessing developer skills for 2,800+ companies across industries and 15M+ developers around the world. Companies like LinkedIn, Stripe, and Peloton rely on HackerRank to objectively evaluate skills against millions of developers at every step of the hiring process, allowing teams to hire the best and reduce engineering time. Developers rely on HackerRank to turn their skills into great jobs. We’re data-driven givers who take full ownership of our work and love delighting our customers!
HackerRank is a proud equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We provide equal opportunity to everyone for employment on the basis of individual performance and qualification. We never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.