International Compliance Monitoring and Testing Associate at Coinbase
Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 73 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
The Compliance Monitoring and Testing Associate will be responsible for undertaking testing of compliance-related processes and controls to assess adherence with applicable rule requirements relevant to Coinbase’ international businesses.
The role-holder will report to the Compliance Monitoring and Testing Manager (International) and will be based in London.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Perform testing i.e.
(i) determine if business adheres to applicable laws, regulations, and/or policies,
(ii) verify that controls are properly designed and operating effectively to mitigate risks &
(iii) leverage testing standards as detailed in global procedures.
- Review and report on test findings i.e.
(i) compile report of findings for completed testing &
(ii) report on test plan status and the tracking of issue resolution to senior management.
- Track issues to conclusion i.e.
(i) identify issues, create and assign corrective action plans, validate successful completion of issues,
(ii) track issues in the relevant tracking tool and
(iii) help produce material to inform senior management through key metrics of incomplete and late issues.
- From time to time provide assistance to the Compliance Department by completing other activities over and above those listed in the duties listing, appropriate to your skills and experience
- Assisting the CMT Manager (International) in producing relevant management information on plan completion and the tracking of issue resolution to senior management and boards.
- Perform testing i.e.
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- Previous experience of performing compliance testing/monitoring, particularly with regard to the testing/monitoring of Anti-Money Laundering & Financial Crime systems and controls
- Clear and concise communicator both written and verbal.
- Comprehensive knowledge of financial services regulations; and retail/ institutional level products
- Ability to work collaboratively with a broad range of business functions
- Skilled at executing large, multi-functional and cross-organisational assignments that requires in-depth analysis.
- Ability to develop, nurture and maintain effective working relationships with diverse groups of people within the organisation as well as with external stakeholders and vendors
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced remote environment
- Good interpersonal skills and the innate ability to work in a structured manner
- 5+ years of experience in Compliance/Risk related business functions
- Capacity to meet deadlines while maintaining quality standards and ensuring effective time management
- Commitment to Diversity
- Keen interest in digital currencies
- Professional qualification preferred
- Related bachelor’s level degree required
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact [email protected] coinbase.com for additional information or to request accommodations.Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.