Internal Controls Experienced Associate - Remote North America at Kraken Digital Asset Exchange
Sorry, this job was removed at 3:21 p.m. (CST) on Thursday, September 29, 2022
By clicking Apply Now you agree to share your profile information with the hiring company.
As one of the largest and most trusted digital asset platforms globally, we are empowering people to experience the life-changing potential of crypto. Trusted by over 8 million consumer and pro traders, institutions, and authorities worldwide - our unique combination of products, services, and global expertise is helping tip the scales towards mass crypto adoption. But we’re only just getting started. We want to be pioneers in crypto and add value to the everyday lives of billions. Now is not the time to sit on the sidelines. Join us to bring crypto to the world.
To ensure Kraken is the right fit for you, please ensure you read Kraken Culture Explained to find out more about us!
The Internal Controls Experienced Associate will be an integral part Controllership team. You will work closely with your Finance and Accounting leadership cohorts as well as business partners and other internal and external stakeholders. This role reports to the Head of Internal Controls and is full time remote / North America.
- Responsible for planning, performing and reporting internal controls team projects across the organization
- Assist in the creation of control documentation including process narratives, process flowcharts, and risk & controls matrices to be used to evaluate controls, specifically around a proprietary exchange trading platform
- Perform testing across companywide controls, including tests of design and tests of operating effectiveness as well as issue identification
- Assist with development of remediation plans for control weaknesses and perform follow up testing
- Offer advice on business process risk assessments including identification and ranking of risk, the controls to mitigate those risks and testing approach
- Provide high quality deliverables and written communication to business process owners and management to assist in achieving their organizational goals and control objectives
- Conduct periodic meetings/walkthroughs with process owners to validate any changes to processes are updated and properly assessed for control gaps
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or closely related field
- 2+ years of internal audit or accounting related experience
- Certified Internal Auditor or Certified Public Accountant in good standing strongly preferred
- Industry experience in financial services, fintech, banking, or exchange strongly preferred
- Experience or knowledge of cryptocurrency or crypto industry a plus
- Working knowledge of U.S. GAAP and compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley/SOX preferred
- Basic SQL query writing a plus
- Google Suite and Microsoft Office proficiency
- Microsoft Excel proficiency including pivot tables, H & V-Lookup
- Audit experience from the Big 4 or national accounting firms is a plus
Location Tagging: #US
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique and diverse experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives, regardless of their background. We encourage you to apply for roles where you don't fully meet the listed requirements, especially if you're passionate or knowledgable about crypto!
As an equal opportunity employer we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.
Stay in the know
Kraken Culture Explained
Follow us on Twitter
Catch up on our blog
Follow us on LinkedIn
More Information on Kraken Digital Asset Exchange
Kraken Digital Asset Exchange operates in the Blockchain industry. The company is located in Cheyenne, WY. Kraken Digital Asset Exchange was founded in 2011. It offers perks and benefits such as Wellness Programs, Mental Health Benefits, Company Equity, Generous Parental Leave, Remote Work Program and Generous PTO. To see all 29 open jobs at Kraken Digital Asset Exchange, click here.
Read Full Job Description