Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
Internal Communications serves this mission by helping build a world-class employee experience and a premier employer brand. The work of the team ranges from continuous improvement of the systems and structures that support how people and teams communicate to planning and producing significant all-company events. This work is particularly critical as Coinbase commits to being remote-first, underscoring the need for efficient, effective internal communications throughout the organization.
The Internal Communications Manager will report to the Director of Internal Communications at Coinbase, and work directly with Coinbase’s Chief People Officer and their team in communicating transformational changes as we evolve our People programs to support a distributed, remote-first workforce.
What you’ll be doing:
- Ensuring employees have the information they need to be successful at the micro and macro levels
- Working with People team leads from the inception/design of new programs through launch, providing a consumer-focused lens on all communications.
- Creating clear processes for teams to follow that allows the Internal Comms function to scale beyond its small team
- Developing a deep understanding of the company’s unique differentiators and strategic vision for pioneering remote-first practices
- Maintaining a broad understanding of the needs and dynamics of the People team to best advise them
- Taking a leadership role in managing reactive communications and internal issues management, in partnership with our Chief People Officer and broader People team
- Driving external thought leadership for our Chief People Officer, and other leads, around our People programs, proactively supporting Coinbase’s broader employer brand
- Proactively identifying opportunities and developing new communications programs/strategy to uplevel internal communications and improve our processes for more proactive, clear and succinct communications
- Ensure Coinbase remains a place where all employees belong and are included, and to develop creative ways for Coinbase employees to become the best ambassadors for our brand
What we look for in you:
- 7+ years experience in a role requiring exemplary communications skills, either an in-house communications or executive advisory role
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, prioritizing clarity & brevity in all communications
- Experience interfacing with and supporting executive-level “clients” (either in an internal or client services role)
- Flexible and able to maintain a proactive posture in the face of rapid organizational change and shifting priorities
- Experience communicating to a highly distributed workforce
- Extremely organized (gets energy from roadmapping, planning, envisioning the path)
- Able to think and do—someone who can both generate ideas and implement them
- Able to balance speed and quality, with an acute sense for what matters most in a given moment
- Deep curiosity about the intersection of technology and finance
- Deep commitment and passion for creating a diverse, inclusive and safe culture for all employees
Nice to haves:
- Experience at an organization that has scaled massively in a relatively short period of time
- Experience with both external and internal communications
- Speechwriting, or thought-leadership content development, for senior executives
- Experience with design and/or multimedia development
REQ ID: R23288
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact [email protected] coinbase.com for additional information or to request accommodations.Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here: Ireland/EU, United Kingdom, and California. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.