Internal Communication Lead at PosiGen (New Orleans, LA)
Join the Solar For All Revolution!
Here at PosiGen we are looking for a new Head of Internal Communications. This is a key leadership role on the HR team which drives performance through impactful communications, accurate and easy-to-find information, and best-in-class learning design. This person is a passionate storyteller, committed to high quality and innovative communication who creates and executes a dynamic internal communications strategy that drives meaningful employee engagement. This role works closely with our HR, Marketing and the Executive leadership teams, channeling their voice and vision to inspire employees across the company. The Head of Internal Communications leads and owns the development of all HR and employee communications and is responsible for ensuring that we deliver the right messaging to the right audience at the right time. The incumbent will drive improvements to our communication channels and messages in support of our talent imperative and will contribute to shaping the culture through strategic communications, garnering confidence and excitement around the future vision of PosiGen.
Essential Job Functions
- Develop and drive an internal communication strategy in partnership with senior leaders in support of company initiatives, milestones, and projects, fosters increased employee engagement, ownership and pride; ensures reinforcement and consistency of message across multiple channels
- Lead a transformation of internal communications activities including the migration to the intranet platform to drive connectivity across PosiGen
- Work with cross-functional partners to lead, organize, and execute internal employee informational events such as company town halls, manager meetings
- Lead, develop and execute effective messaging campaigns to inform, educate and inspire employees
- Collaborate with various internal teams to manage projects to establish connectivity with employees across a wide variety of work locations and environments
- Support ad-hoc and emergent events that require internal communications support
- Build processes, identify appropriate communications channels and provide guidance to internal teams and leaders in need of internal communications support
- Develops effective, engaging and compelling communications around PosiGen DEI&B commitment, goals, initiatives and achievements.
- Partnering with Executive Leadership and Marketing develop and communicate PosiGen’s CSR/ESG commitment and achievements
- Establish key internal communications success metrics and track on a consistent basis; deliver regular progress updates to CHRO, and senior management team
Qualifications Desired for Success
- BA/BSc Degree in Communication, Marketing, HR or related field, or demonstrated experience in a similar business environment required. Master’s in Communications or MBA preferred
- 5 years of internal communication experience
- Experience communicating DEI&B, CSR/ESG preferred
- Ability to articulate complex topics in simple, compelling ways through a variety of media and channels
- Understanding of communications fundamentals, as well as a strong desire to uncover insights and create solutions that surprise and delight employees
- Excellent writing / editing skills with a strong attention to detail and the demonstrated ability to effectively deliver complex messages to a range of audiences and through a range of channels
- Exceptional Stakeholder Management : Proven ability to effectively collaborate, partner and consult with senior leaders, business partners and colleagues to bring together competing priorities and ultimately drive business results
- Experience leveraging communications channels (e.g., intranet, emails, social media) to inform, engage, excite employees and stakeholders, creating advocates
- Excellent data-first skills across tracking, measurement and analytics to deliver ROI, insights and strategy recommendations; skilled in internal communications monitoring and tracking tools
- Cross-Functional Leader: demonstrated ability to lead and partner with cross-functional, virtual, and hybrid teams and operate autonomously
- Change management experience including assessing risks and benefits, building a strong case for change, engaging appropriate stakeholders, developing effective change management strategies, creating communication and support plans, and sustaining change
- Google Workspace experience preferred
PosiGen is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Individuals who require reasonable accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act in order to participate in the search process should notify the Office of Human Resources.