Atlassian is looking for a passionate internal audit professional who will play a key role in helping the company meet its goals through independent reviews and assessments. Is that you?
Our Internal Audit team is seeking an Associate Manager to focus on the operational audits we perform across our global presence and help us continually improve our technology, processes, and controls. You will be part of an innovative team that collaborates with all parts of our business, examining business processes and internal controls with an eye for improving effectiveness, efficiency, and compliance. You will share your experience and great ideas to help enhance the ways Internal Audit and all of Atlassian work, enabling win-win solutions to business challenges.
If you have experience in delivering audit services at public or large private companies, or want to take the next step from a Big 4 firm, bring your knowledge and creativity to a rapidly growing, highly innovative technology company - we want you to join us!
More about you
- You love working in a fast-growing, always-evolving environment. You learn new things quickly and are not phased by complex topics and changing direction. You are someone who thrives in a fun, dynamic, robust team, with plenty of opportunities to learn and develop. With strong partner engagement skills, you are able to balance contending priorities and deliver on deadlines.
On your first day, we'll expect you to have
- Demonstrated success carrying out internal audit reviews, with 4+ years auditing experience
- Great collaboration skills, comfortable and capable of building ongoing productive relationships with all levels of management, in-person and remote, especially in a multinational organization
- An ability to build consensus among a wide variety of stakeholders
- An enthusiastic and proactive nature, able to chart your own course and work on problems for which there is no clear solution
- A strong alignment with Atlassian's values
- A solid understanding of internal audit processes, work products, and trends
- Problem solving skills that demonstrate critical and logical thinking to reach a solution
- The ability to write clear, concise documentation for a variety of audiences
It's preferred, but not required, that you have:
- A degree focused on Accounting, Finance, Computer Science, or Business Administration
- CIA, CPA, CFE, CISSP, PMP, or related certifications/training
- Experience in Big Four or Technology company
In this role, you'll get to:
- Develop ongoing relationships with business stakeholders, advising process owners about control or process enhancements
- Help take our innovative Internal Audit function to the next level, collaborating on creative ways to increase our effectiveness, efficiency, and profile
- Lead business operational reviews and perform business control testing
- Conduct process walkthroughs and identify key risks
- Create clear process and audit documentation
- Participate in control deficiency remediation activities
- Execute testing for internal audit compliance programs (e.g., SOX/SOC2), as required
- Communicate reporting and status updates for senior management
More about our team
You'll be joining our dynamic, fun, and growing Internal Audit team, located across the globe. We constantly ask hard questions and challenge each other to improve our work. We're direct, focused, and demand excellence, but there's laughter in every meeting because we thoroughly enjoy the work we do and the impact it has. We're constantly growing, learning, adapting, and trying new things. We're focused on how we can innovate and improve our ways of working, especially through the use of Atlassian's awesome suite of teamwork products! We love to be social, even as a distributed team! And you might be a perfect fit!
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who's who of tech is why we're here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned-collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we're looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we're committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team .
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If your experience looks a little different from what we've identified and you think you can rock the role, we'd love to learn more about you.
Learn more about Atlassian's culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub .
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.