We’re Coinbase. We’re the world’s most trusted way to join the crypto revolution, serving more than 89 million accounts in more than 100 countries.
Our mission is to increase economic freedom around the world, and we couldn’t do this without hiring the best people. We’re a group of hard-working overachievers who are deeply focused on building the future of finance and Web 3.0 for our users across the globe, whether they’re trading, storing, staking or using crypto. Know those people who always lead the group project? That’s us.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for candidates who will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, and disrupt ourselves. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people who are excited to learn about and live crypto, because those are the folks who enjoy the intense moments in our sprint and recharge work culture. We’re a remote-first company looking to hire the absolute best talent all over the world.
Ready to #LiveCrypto? Who you are:
- You’ve got positive energy. You’re optimistic about the future and determined to get there.
- You’re never tired of learning. You want to be a pro in bleeding edge tech like DeFi, NFTs, DAOs, and Web 3.0.
- You appreciate direct communication. You’re both an active communicator and an eager listener - because let’s face it, you can’t have one without the other. You’re cool with candid feedback and see every setback as an opportunity to grow.
- You can pivot on the fly. Crypto is constantly evolving, so our priorities do, too. What you worked on last month may not be what you work on today, and that excites you. You’re not looking for a boring job.
- You have a “can do” attitude. Our teams create high-quality work on quick timelines. Owning a problem doesn’t scare you, but rather empowers you to take 100% responsibility for achieving our mission.
- You want to be part of a winning team. We’re stronger together, and you’re a person who embraces being pushed out of your comfort zone.
As an Institutional Technical Support Analyst, you’ll join a high performing team of hardworking support professionals whose performance is critical to Coinbase achieving its mission. You will serve as a subject matter specialist for Coinbase’s institutional suite of products (Prime, Custody), providing premier service and support to our most valued clients and coverage team. Diligent, insightful, and have a bias towards action, you will play a crucial role in the success of the Client Services organization as we help build the cryptoeconomy.
What You'll Be Doing (i.e., Job Duties)
- Serve as a subject and technical domain expert across multiple channels, supporting our highest value customers and institutions onboard for Coinbase’s institutional products.
- Provide level 1 technical support and guidance for client API issues related to our FIX, REST and Websocket protocols across various products.
- Work in tandem with Technical Account Managers to provide white glove support to our highest priority global clients through phone, email and video calls in an articulate and empathetic manner
- Drive impactful changes across workflows and tools by partnering with the sales, engineering, compliance, and product teams
- Serve as the voice of the customer to internal teams including Advocacy, Engineering and Product when surfacing bugs, incidents, and product feedback
- Serve as an escalation point for high priority requests or complex investigations
- Maintain a thorough understanding of metrics and dashboards to make informed, data-driven decisions
- Participate in a weekend on-call rotation
What We Look For In You (ie. Job Requirements)
- Motivated by Coinbase’s mission and creating a seamless, scalable support experience for our global customer base
- Experience with high priority clients, compliance, product support, payments, fraud, or other relevant operational domains
- Experience in API support, including REST, Websockets and FIX protocols
- Understanding of cryptocurrency, global financial markets, and/or trading platforms
- Must work within defined shift hours and participate in an on-call rotation, as required by the business
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience in financial services, technology and/or customer support
- Experience with different channels of support, including voice, e-mail and/or chat
- Must work in a defined shift, as required by the business. Weekend support is required.
- Fantastic communication skills in order to operate across multiple departments, stakeholders, and clients
- Flexible and adaptable to meet the evolving needs of a high-growth and fast paced organization
- Travel requirements up to 20% to Coinbase offices and client locations (depending on business need)
Nice to haves:
- Proficiency in one or more of the following languages: French, German, Spanish or another language
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to accommodations[at]coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here).Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.