Installation Technician - Atlanta, GA at Flock Safety
Eliminate Crime. Build Community.
Flock Safety provides the first public safety operating system that empowers private communities and law enforcement to work together to eliminate crime. We are committed to protecting human privacy and mitigating bias in policing with the development of best-in-class technology rooted in ethical design, which unites civilians and public servants in pursuit of a safer, more equitable society.
Our Safety-as-a-Service approach includes affordable devices powered by LTE and solar that can be installed anywhere. Our technology detects and captures objective details, decodes evidence in real-time and delivers investigative leads into the hands of those who matter.
While safety is a serious business, we are a supportive team that is optimizing the remote first experience to create strong and fun relationships even when we are physically apart. Our flock of hard-working employees thrive in a positive and inclusive environment, where a bias towards action is rewarded. Flock Safety is headquartered in Atlanta and operates nationwide. We have raised approximately $400M in venture capital including a recent Series E round by Tiger Global. Now surpassing a $3.5B valuation, Flock is scaling quickly and seeking the best and brightest to help us meet our goal of eliminating crime in the United States by 25% in the next three years.
How You Will Take Flight With Flock
- Install poles of varying lengths per install specifications. Requires digging a minimum of 8” x 24” holes.
- Assemble, kit, and install various ancillary components and Flock Safety products
- Mount solar panels on poles, as well as attaching external batteries to solar panels
- Affix license-plate reading cameras to poles, angle to capture desired footage
- Work on both public and private roads, working often on equipment 10-12’ high.
- Occasionally working with a bucket truck and/or ladder to work on equipment up to 30’ high.
- Repairing minor breaks in underground irrigation or private wiring
- Adhere to daily schedule by showing up prepared and on time
- Complete work in reasonable time frame
- Provide installation pictures via Flock field app
- Perform work in safe and professional manner
- Meet with customers to discuss installation options and perform site surveys
- Communicate effectively with both internal teams and customers
- Driving (and bringing home daily) a Dodge Promaster 1500 or similar company vehicle
- Daily inventory management and reporting
- Project coordination between end users and deployment teams
- Clean driving record going back 3 years, and ability to complete basic background check and drug screening
- This role requires frequent/continuous bending, digging, reaching, climbing, squatting, sitting, standing, walking, driving, and independently lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Prior experience with field work is a plus: construction, security systems, low voltage wiring, or similar.
- Willing to be trained to operate and drive a bucket truck on occasion.
- Comfortable working on and around ladders/heights
- Handyman-like experience whether personally or professionally.
- Able to think on your feet and while using your hands.
- Time-management and communication skills needed to complete work efficiently and correctly the first time
- Highly organized
- Desire to work outdoors and comfortable working in all weather conditions
- General affinity for all things tech, and the ability/desire to learn and work with new software tools.
- Positive and professional demeanor
- Willingness to go outside your comfort zone when the situation requires it.
Required Availability: M-F during daylight hours. Overtime is at times expected and required based on the particular market's ticket backlog and/or unique requirements. Start and end times will vary based on time of year (solar constrained) and the workload.
Travel: Expect to regularly travel up to 3 hours away during service tickets.Occasionally this role will require regular travel up to 8 hrs away driving in addition to flights. In these situations, overnight accommodations are provided. Travel expectations are based on local demand, so the busier the immediate area is the less outside travel. We do not anticipate the travel demand for this role to exceed 25%.
Why join the Flock?
When you join the Flock, you are joining a diverse team of passionate, ambitious, intelligent people who are inspired by building tools that reduce crime without human bias. You’ll have the opportunity to grow your career at a fast-paced, high-growth, mission-driven startup with benefits including:
- We offer more than a market-competitive salary (the budgeted hourly rate for this role is $20-25 per hour)
- Every full-time employee receives substantial equity (stock options) in the company
- Generous PTO policy and twelve paid holidays (Your Birthday, New Year’s Day, MLK Jr Day, Memorial Day, Juneteenth, Fourth of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Day After Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, and New Year’s Eve)
- Fully-paid health benefits plan for employees, including Medical, Dental, and Vision
- The use of a well-equipped Flock Safety Sprinter van
- Flock Safety branded uniforms and safety gear
We genuinely care about the well-being of our employees both in and out of the office. We’d love for you to join us in the fight to eliminate crime, one community at a time.