Infrastructure Network Voice Consultant at CNA
An individual contributor role within the Infrastructure Network Operations area that supports the execution and implementation of daily services delivered by one or more external partner Managed Service Providers (MSPs). This position works through external partner MSP(s) to ensure the secure and stable operation of CNA's information technology network infrastructure including availability reliability quality and adherence to CNA's Architecture standards. Supports the creation and communication of clear expectations and scope requirements that are provided to partner MSP(s) and CNA teams and that all agreed-upon outcomes are achieved on schedule within budget and with high quality. May act as a point of contact for infrastructure network vendors and CNA internally supporting the definition of business goals and measurements with the partner MSP(s) building and maintaining strong relationships and measuring / monitoring partner MSP(s) performance to drive continuous improvement.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Performs a combination of duties in accordance with departmental guidelines:
- Serves as a consultant and subject matter expert (SME) working with the Infrastructure Network partner MSPs in specific areas including (but not limited to) data centers switches routers load balancing firewalls VPN hard and soft phones and WebEx. Supports the establishment of objectives and metrics for Infrastructure Network area and provides support to ensure performance against expectations.
- Serves as a conduit between partner MSPs and internal stakeholders to ensure business goals and consistent continuously improved results are delivered working within the framework of the infrastructure partner MSP contract to define outcomes SLA's and proper unambiguous measurements for on-going infrastructure operations and projects that properly incentivize both CNA internal resources and the vendors to perform in CNA's best interest.
- Delivers results creating value for the CNA brand customers and key internal stakeholders by ensuring reliable cost effective and optimized business operations utilizing information technology network infrastructure applications and tools.
- Participates in the measurement and monitoring of partner MSPs performance and reviews outcomes to determine how to change them to continuously drive better results at lower costs and to co-develop capabilities with partner MSPs for the purposes of reducing costs improving processes and innovating services in the Infrastructure Network space.
- Participates in troubleshooting performance or contractual problems and works cross-functionally with internal stakeholders at all levels and service providers to recommend and/or employ effective solutions.
- Participates as required in collaborative efforts with other Infrastructure team members working with partner MSPs during major issues and day-to-day escalations.
- Actively participates in the creation of established standards and controls and works to ensure others (CNA and partner MSP personnel) comply with these same standards and controls.
- Keeps abreast of technological developments and helps to recommend and create infrastructure network solution standards that empower CNA's business operations to execute initiatives at improved speed quality and cost over conventional approaches.
- Renews and increases professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops reviewing professional publications establishing personal networks participating in professional societies etc.
May perform additional duties as assigned.
Typically reports to Director or above.
Skills Knowledge & Abilities
- Solid knowledge of and experience with various technologies relevant to Networking service area and knowledge of other Technology service areas to ensure Technology alignment.
- Solid project management skills and ability to organize and plan effectively to meet project goals.
- Strong ability to effectively interact and communicate with all levels of external partner MSPs and/or internal business partners within scope of responsibility team and/or matrix environment.
- Ability to effectively function in a team environment and possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Prior experience managing external partner MSPs with a successful track record of building developing and managing service delivery and support teams.
- Acts with a sense of urgency and accountability while achieving quality results and identifying and resolving problems and issues within the scope of responsibility.
- Detail-orientation with proven analytical and problem-solving skills and the ability to effectively plan and support multiple projects and project teams.
- Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Office suite and other business-related software.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science Information Technology or related work experience.
- Typically a minimum of seven years in Information Technology experience in Infrastructure operations networks telecom platforms storage and / or procurement - preferably in the insurance industry.
- Experience in a business-facing Technology role or similar experience providing customer service for a Technology service.
- Experience working with IT vendors and/or Managed Service Providers.
- Willingness and ability to lead and provide mentorship to other Infrastructure vendor managers.
- Infrastructure and vendor management certifications preferred.
- Applicable certifications (for assigned IT area) is also preferred.