Information System Security Officer Associate at Ball Aerospace (Greater Denver Area)
At Ball Aerospace, we care about the health and safety of our team members, their families and our communities. Ball Aerospace will comply with Executive Order 14042 and all team members will be required to provide proof of completed vaccination status as a condition of employment as stated within the Order, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations.
Clearance Requirement: A current, active TS/SCI security clearance is required.
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Security and Mission Assurance Strategic Support Unit provides discriminating support to the business to ensure success. We focus on threat identification, risk assessment, and mitigation while improving the efficiency of the business through effective governance and analysis of process, data and overall business knowledge.
Information System Security Officer Associate
Technical advisor for the Information Systems (IS) security requirements necessary for the protection of all classified information processed, stored, and/or transmitted through the use of the IS. Interprets government requirements, develops Body of Evidence (BoE) for the Risk Management Framework (RMF) process, and implements the program security plans, policies, and procedures necessary to ensure compliance with all company and government requirements.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop and administer users’ security briefings to ensure all users are aware of all requirements for the IS.
- Provide advice, guidance, and assistance to senior management, program managers, system users, and custodians relative to IS security matters.
- Schedule, conduct, and administer security tests and evaluations programs to ensure that all the applicable IS are operating in accordance with security requirements.
- Maintain a configuration management system to track and control all components of IS used in support of classified programs.
- Identify, evaluate, and document all IS and other equipment to ensure compliance with red/black engineering and Emanations Security requirements.
- Perform audits of all IS, investigation anomalies, and record and report findings, as required. Coordinate and/or conduct detailed inquiries; assess potential damage; and develop, document, implement, and monitor corrective action plans. Perform data spill containment and clean up per customer direction.
- Perform self-inspections as required by government regulations and participate in customer audits and inspections.
- Research software and hardware to be used on classified systems and coordinate the use as required by customer regulations.
- Be responsible for the implementation of Continuous Monitoring (ConMon) for assigned systems, working off the Plan of Action and Milestones (PO&AM) list and keeping the asset current through STEP 6 of RMF.
- Analyze, interpret, and verify IS disaster recovery/contingency plans to assure the rapid recovery of IS in the event of an emergency or disaster.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Unit/Strategic Support Unit and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS/BA in a related field.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Two years of related experience may be substituted for each year of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- A current, active TS/SCI security clearance is required.
- Security + CE or comparable DoD 8570 compliant certification.
- Understanding of RMF.
- Ball Aerospace is a drug-free workplace, which is imperative to the health and safety of all employees and is required as a condition of receiving contracts from federal agencies. Please remember that regardless of the legalization of marijuana in Colorado and other states, possession and use continues to be illegal under the federal Controlled Substances Act. This includes the use of some CBD products. A post-offer, pre-employment drug test is a condition of employment.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, cleanroom, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Verification that your current security clearance or government customer access meets the requirement for this position will be required.
Relocation for this position is not available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $67,000 - $90,500 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.