Industrial Security Professional I - ND - SAP at Ball Aerospace
Clearance Requirement: A current, active Top Secret security clearance is required.
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Security and Mission Assurance Strategic Support Unit provides discriminating support to the business to ensure success. We focus on threat identification, risk assessment, and mitigation while improving the efficiency of the business through effective governance and analysis of process, data and overall business knowledge.
Industrial Security Professional I
What You’ll Do:
- Provide timely, accurate, and courteous processing of Personnel Security (PerSec) actions required through-out the personnel security lifecycle.
- Contribute to the evaluation, design, and refinement of security-related business processes.
- Initiate, prepare, and submit required personnel security applications for access to National Security Information and Intelligence Community Programs.
- Process contractor suitability paperwork in support of on-boarding requirements and prescreens.
- Act as the quality control specialist for personnel security paperwork, ensuring all packages are properly completed and ensure any required/associated documentation is included.
- Prepare and complete visit authorization letters for classified visit requests, and reciprocity letters.
- Provide support to badging area access and onboarding requirements processes.
- Support monitoring, gathering and analysis of performance metrics and status information required for PERSEC operations oversight.
- Support database and personnel reconciliation and review.
- Utilize Joint Personnel Adjudication Systems (JPAS), Scattered Castles, other government databases to validate clearance/access and submission of eQIPs/SF 86s.
- Track and maintain all PERSEC information to include clearance status, security training records, personnel information files and visit certification (VAR).
- Implement visitor control procedures ensuring compliance with the government requirements/policy.
- Provide security education briefings / debriefings.
- Administer and coordinate security activities in accordance with company policies and procedures to ensure compliance with federal security regulations, directives, and manuals for safeguarding National Security Information.
- Maintain the strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS/BA in a related field.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Experience with Clearance processing, and Clearance investigations preferred.
- Work is performed in an office environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Verification that your current security clearance or government customer access meets the requirement for this position will be required.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $54,000 - $73,000 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. Click here to learn more.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.