Individual Risk Assessor at Horace Mann (Washington DC)
Evaluate new and renewal accounts against current selection criteria and business standards, including matching premium to risk.
Determine appropriate actions at account and policy levels.
Maintain a working knowledge of current state insurance regulations as they pertain to personal lines business.
- General management of the overall profitability of personal lines property and casualty business.
- Evaluate individual risks against corporate standards to determine acceptability and proper placement.
- Monitoring quality and profit trends in auto and property books of business, take actions as needed.
- Engage various business partners to achieve division and corporate growth and profit goals.
- Generally follow core business hours. However, work outside of core business hours may be required to ensure completion of assigned tasks and achieving service level agreements.
- Some travel (10-20%) may be necessary.
Ability to perform standard to advanced tasks using various software programs and systems.
Horace Mann was founded in 1945 by two Springfield, Illinois, teachers who saw a need for quality, affordable auto insurance for teachers. Since then, we’ve broadened our mission to helping all educators protect what they have today and prepare for a successful tomorrow. And with our broadened mission has come corporate growth: We serve more than 4,100 school districts nationwide, we’re publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange (symbol: HMN) and we have more than $12 billion in assets.
We’re motivated by the fact that educators take care of our children’s future, and we believe they deserve someone to look after theirs. We help educators identify their financial goals and develop plans to achieve them. This includes insurance to protect what they have today and financial products to help them prepare for their future. Our tailored offerings include special rates and benefits for educators.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status
For applicants that are California residents, please review our California Consumer Privacy Notice