We’re a cast of characters working to shine a spotlight on anime. Crunchyroll is an international business focused on creating both online and offline experiences for fans through content (licensed, co-produced, originals, distribution), merchandise, events, gaming, news, and more. Visit our About Us pages for more information about our collection of brands.Location: Mumbai, IN (Preferred); Remote ConsideredThe Role
Crunchyroll is looking for a seasoned professional to lead its growth and operations in the Indian market. Reporting to the Senior Director, International Business Operations, this individual will work with various teams, partners, and third parties to design long-term strategies and create initiatives focused on user enablement, subscriber growth, and revenue generation, on top of overseeing the business performance of the territory.About The International Business Operations Team
Both domestic and ever-expanding international efforts fuel Crunchyroll's growth. The International Business Operations team is responsible for identifying growth and efficiency opportunities for Crunchyroll. The team works closely with internal and external stakeholders to expand the anime fan experience and Crunchyroll's presence around the globe. International Business Operations helps everyone belong by maximizing the value and accessibility of everything Crunchyroll, giving anime and manga fans around the world a place to call home.
This highly visible and strategic role requires a curious, hardworking, high-achieving leader with an intrapreneur mindset and growth attitude. The ideal candidate is resilient and capable of remaining calm and focused while navigating ambiguity. On top of that, this individual must have a proven track record and deep knowledge of the Indian business, media, and pop culture landscapes, acting as an adviser to Crunchyroll leadership on best practices in the market.A Day In The Life Of Our India Direct-to-Consumer (DTC) Lead
- Help launch Crunchyroll in the Indian market and oversee its operation, liaising with US-based HQ.
- Drive and support key initiatives such as distribution partnerships, media launches, events, and regional strategic deals with telcos, retailers, and payment partners.
- Develop mid and long-range plans to expand Crunchyroll's presence in India.
- Own go-to-market strategies from ideation through execution.
- Guide regional agencies, contractors, and future staff in priorities, timing, scope, and performance.
- Evaluate proposals from global and local partners, judging cost/benefit, strategic and financial impact, and prioritizing them.
- Build business cases, projections, and metrics for new initiatives in the market and measure return on investment and effort spent.
- Develop measurable KPIs in partnership with HQ and report on them regularly.
- Build and manage India’s operational budget and own its objectives and key results.
- Affinity with Crunchyroll’s values: Courage, Curiosity, Service, and Kaizen.
- 8+ years of work experience in a global or international organization in the tech, media, or video game spaces.
- Deep understanding of the Indian business, media, and pop culture landscapes and the local anime community's needs and preferences.
- Capable of navigating priorities shifts and ambiguities while working in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
- Knows how to translate business vision into strategies and tactics.
- Understanding of the digital media landscape with experience prospecting, nurturing, and closing complex multifaceted deals or partnerships.
- Strengths across financial modeling, pitch decks, and business and strategy plan development.
- Prior success in working in a distributed team environment with peers and partners in multiple time zones with various cultures and backgrounds.
- Established relationships with key partners, vendors, and freelancers across the Indian market.
- Experience driving external partners, project management, and vendors.
- Strong problem-solving, decision-making, and relationship-building skills.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Fluency in English and native in Hindi and additional local languages or dialects.
- Willing to travel domestically and internationally, and open to relocation within India.
- Knowledge of the anime industry, subscription business models, and the OTT market are strong pluses.
- Full-time open-ended contract position
- Competitive salary
- Annual performance bonus
Questions about Crunchyroll's hiring process? Please check out our FAQ
Please beware of recent scams to online job seekers. Those applying to our job openings will only be contacted directly from @crunchyroll.com and @ellation.com email accounts. If you have any questions of the authenticity of an Ellation or Crunchyroll job offer, please contact [email protected] before giving away any information.About Crunchyroll
Crunchyroll connects anime and manga fans across 200+ countries and territories with the content and experiences they love. In addition to free ad-supported and subscription premium content, Crunchyroll serves the anime community across events, theatrical, games, consumer products, collectibles and manga publishing.
Anime fans have access to one of the largest collections of licensed anime through Crunchyroll and translated in multiple languages for viewers worldwide. Viewers can also access simulcasts — top series available immediately after Japanese broadcast.
The Crunchyroll app is available on over 15 platforms, including all gaming consoles.
Crunchyroll, LLC is an independently operated joint venture between US-based Sony Pictures Entertainment, and Japan’s Aniplex, a subsidiary of Sony Music Entertainment (Japan) Inc., both subsidiaries of Tokyo-based Sony Group Corporation.Our Company Values
You’ll see these in action if we’re lucky enough to have you:
- Courage - When we overcome fear, we enable our best selves.
- Curiosity - We are curious, which is the gateway to empathy, inclusion, and understanding.
- Service - We serve our community with humility, enabling joy and belonging for others.
- Kaizen - We have a growth mindset committed to constant forward progress.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Crunchyroll. Pursuant to applicable law, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.