A highly experienced member of Tetra Defense's data breach, incident response, and cybersecurity risk management teams. The primary responsibility of this role will be to bridge the communication between our technical teams, our clients, and client stakeholders, ensuring satisfaction and high-quality deliverables. The Director of Incident response will be technically proficient and can contribute on multiple engagements. The Director will lead scoping calls, and coordinate on complex incident response plans.
The Director of Incident Response will lead, organize and manage multiple workstreams and resources throughout entire incident response engagements, while being the primary contact for privacy counsels, cyber insurance firms, and end clients. You will have responsibility for directing the coordination and project management of forensic imaging, analysis, breach containment, restoration and remediation services performed by our Digital Forensics and Incident Response (DFIR) consulting team.
- Lead and work closely with internal and external stakeholders to understand business objectives and advise on complex mitigation strategies during the incident response work
- Oversee cross-functional incident response teams and lead members during security events such as ransomware, BEC, and Office 365 data breach cases
- Initiate and run scoping calls with clients, create statement of work documents, and communicate decisions on response plans with a high quality of customer service
- Offer strategic recommendations to counteract impact from data breach events
- Client Management
- Provide case leadership and translate business and technical requirements into project proposals, communication plans, and compose client summary reports
- Communicate our service offerings within all levels of an organization and deepen client relationships by demonstrating how Tetra can address their security needs throughout the engagement and beyond
- Primary Tetra point of contact in case communications with the client, legal counsel, and other stakeholders
- Professional experience in leading complex and advanced cases within digital forensics and incident response and adjacent services
- Previous client facing experience in a consultancy or in an advisory role and the ability to provide high level customer service to clients
- Confident and adept in providing and reviewing reports with clients including an understanding of how to present based on the audience the content is being delivered to
- Excellent organizational, verbal, presentation/facilitation, and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Information Systems, or related professional experience
- Previous working experience with DFIR cybersecurity firms, cyber insurance providers, and privacy attorneys (expert testimony experience)
- Deep understanding of current trends in cybersecurity and enjoys participating or speaking at conferences and other industry recognized events
- Collaborative, hard-working, energetic team culture
- Excellent benefits – Vision, Medical, Dental, HSA/FSA, and 401K
- Unlimited PTO/time off policy
- Paid parental leave
- Professional development and training opportunities
About Tetra Defense:
Tetra Defense began with one goal in mind: To simplify what’s complicated. We launched our Incident Response & Digital Forensics (DFIR) organization in 2016 to restore businesses during and after complex challenges like ransomware attacks, business email compromise, and insider threats.
As our organization has grown, so has our service offering. We value protection from all sides, leveraging our skilled DFIR team to inform our Cyber Risk Management, Cyber Defense Operations, and Software Development Team. We provide valuable, straightforward guidance for businesses to proactively address and improve their cybersecurity posture in accordance with the latest threats, and our latest solutions.
Through our continued growth and evolution, we have been told that we do things differently — that we tackle the most difficult tasks in stride, and that we stop at nothing to do what’s best for our clients. We are diligent. We are innovative. We are Tetra.
In February of 2022, Tetra Defense was acquired by Arctic Wolf in their joined mission to end cyber risk. Arctic Wolf is a leading security operations firm that provides Managed Detection and Response, Cloud Detection Response, Managed Risk, and Managed Security Awareness client solutions. The same Tetra team continues to support our clients, and by joining forces with Arctic Wolf, we significantly enhance our capabilities and accelerate the delivery of security operations — now on a global scale.