Incident Manager at LivePerson
LivePerson is a transformational force in how brands and consumers communicate. With over 18,000 brands, including HSBC Verizon, and Home Depot, we are on a mission to make life easier for people and brands everywhere through trusted Conversational AI. We believe in a future where conversations are the norm for getting your intentions fulfilled - whatever they are.
We are an innovative, intent-driven company that believes in building the future and we are looking for growth minded, unconventional thinkers, developers and builders to join the team.
You will thrive here if:
You can operate in a fast paced, dynamic environment
You can build partnerships that move our business forward
You build code that is simple, understandable, and clean
You see feedback or failure as motivation to learn and to grow
You believe data-driven decision making is the norm
You relate to our core principles (link) and want to work with Conversational AI experts
You are an incident manager with a history of leading major incident responses effectively and within an established structure. You will work with DevOps service owners to respond to incidents, help them learn from them, and continuously improve their services. Your team will also be involved in developing and implementing a ChatOps process that leverages the LivePerson platform and bot automation as a solution for managing incidents. You will provide broad visibility to incident metrics within the company and partner closely with customer support for communications. You’ll report directly to the Senior SRE manager of Incident Management.
In this role you will:
- Incident Management
- Lead service incident investigations to resolution in order to ensure high uptime and reliability of LivePerson’s product offerings 24x7.
- Ensure all key resources are engaged and focused on remediation
- Follow our incident management framework in a consistent manner
- Work with a team of incident managers in a follow-the-sun rotation to partner closely with on-call service engineers and engineering leaders around the world.
- Incident Communications
- Communications speed
- Communications quality
- Communications accuracy
- Customer/stakeholder satisfaction with the communications provided
- Drive the incident communications strategy and execution across LivePerson
- Drive and rely on key performance measures, which will be critical to validating performance and service health. These metrics include:
- Program/Project Management
- You can drive programs to improve alert coverage and accuracy, drive down resolution times, work with owners to complete post mortems on a timely basis, and track the aging of repair items, as well as define other incident management- and problem management-related workflows.
- Partner closely with developers across LivePerson to promote a culture of operational excellence including hosting regular training as well as reviewing KPIs in rhythm-of-business meetings.
- Contribute to using and extending the LivePerson framework to build an incident management toolset including conversational bots that help automate incident response.
Your qualifications are:
- 5+ years of experience managing incidents and running incident management programs, preferably in large-scale environments.
- 2+ years of experience working with service owners running a DevOps team in public cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud.
- Previous experience in ICS (Incident Command Systems) framework a plus.
- You can be a calming voice in a storm that people listen to. You rush towards fires, not away from them.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
Why you’ll love working here:
LivePerson was named to FastCompany’s World’s most innovative companies of 2020 list for the Artificial Intelligence category. We offer top tier tech & data science colleagues, along with opportunities to push your own limits. We embrace invention and experimentation. You’ll have great benefits, flexible time off, plus snacks and drinks to keep your mind fresh and stomach full. Most importantly, you’ll have an ability to make an impact at work and at brands across the globe as we build the future with trusted Conversational AI together.
At LivePerson, people from diverse backgrounds come together to do their best work and be their authentic selves. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.