Our IT team operates as a business partner proposing ideas and innovative solutions that enable new organizational capabilities. We collaborate internationally to deliver the services and solutions that help everyone to be more productive and enable innovation.
We are looking for a proactive, self-motivated and personable individual who will be responsible for maintaining a consistent and timely delivery of Incident and Problem management with best practices within Global Network Services. You will be working with internal stakeholders, customers, 3rd party vendors and internal business units. You will own the end-to-end process to ensure all hit the agreed SLA's.
In this exciting role you will be the central point of contact and issue escalation to senior management and compile reports of incident and problems. You will need to analyze and report on patterns and trends to improve future service delivery and reduce major incidents. You will then need to take it a step further to ensure appropriate action is taken to anticipate, investigate and resolve any problems in systems and services that will be fully documented. This can be done by regular audits, reviews and assessments.
- Manages the overall Incident and Problem Management process with internal teams and managed services provider
- Responsible for the day-to-day execution of the Incident and Problem Management process
- Periodically review effectiveness and efficiency of Incident and Problem Management process
- Define and monitor performance metrics and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), analyze and review trends for Incident and Problem Management
- Lead the continuous improvement of assigned processes
- Act as single point of contact for all Problems and Incidents within Global Network Services
- Facilitates and participates in Problem management meetings with focus on recent major incidents, RCA status, incident trending, and operational issues
- Work with various internal support teams and 3rd party vendors to identify the root cause of a problem and find a workaround or solution, ensuring proper CAPA definition and timely execution/closure
- Proactively identify problems, analyze and recommend service improvement plans with the possible solutions obtained from technical teams
- Monitor Problems and Incidents to ensure that the Service Level agreements are respected
- Responsible for Problem and Incident Management reports preparation and presentation
- Communicate all Problems and Critical/Major Incidents and their impact to stakeholders
- Prioritize Incidents and Problems according to their urgency and impact on the business
Education Minimum Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Computing
Required Experience and Skills:
- Background in a service management role working within an ITIL framework.
- Minimum 4 to 8 years of IT lifecycle support and ITSM experiences
- Knowledgeable in process improvement methods, procedures, metrics development, documentation, and reporting
- Exposure to NHS systems, ideally within GP practices is desirable
- Broad exposure to IT infrastructure/application landscape ideally with technical depth in a discipline or ITSM process
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to promote innovative ideas and accept the risks & challenges that are required to influence change
- Qualification, ITIL Foundation / Practitioner / ITIL Service Manager
- Working knowledge of IT Network Services & Components
- Ability to achieve broadly communicated objectives with a minimal amount of supervision
- Ability to innovate in new and/or changing conditions
- Strong problem solving, analytical, and time management skills
- Hands on experience with industry standard ITSM tool implementations. ServiceNow experience a strong plus
Our Support Functions deliver services and make recommendations about ways to enhance our workplace and the culture of our organization. Our Support Functions include HR, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Procurement, Administration, Facilities and Security.
Who we are ...
We are known as Merck & Co., Inc., Rahway, New Jersey, USA in the United States and Canada and MSD everywhere else. For more than a century, we have been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world's most challenging diseases. Today, our company continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.
What we look for ...
Imagine getting up in the morning for a job as important as helping to save and improve lives around the world. Here, you have that opportunity. You can put your empathy, creativity, digital mastery, or scientific genius to work in collaboration with a diverse group of colleagues who pursue and bring hope to countless people who are battling some of the most challenging diseases of our time. Our team is constantly evolving, so if you are among the intellectually curious, join us-and start making your impact today.
NOTICE FOR INTERNAL APPLICANTS
In accordance with Managers' Policy - Job Posting and Employee Placement, all employees subject to this policy are required to have a minimum of twelve (12) months of service in current position prior to applying for open positions.
If you have been offered a separation benefits package, but have not yet reached your separation date and are offered a position within the salary and geographical parameters as set forth in the Summary Plan Description (SPD) of your separation package, then you are no longer eligible for your separation benefits package. To discuss in more detail, please contact your HRBP or Talent Acquisition Advisor.
Residents of Colorado
Click here to request this role's pay range.
New hires in office-based roles in the US & Puerto Rico will be required, subject to applicable law, to demonstrate that they have been fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or qualify for a medical or religious exemption to this vaccination requirement that can be accommodated without an undue burden to the operation. However, subject to applicable law, employees working in roles that the Company determines require routine collaboration with external stakeholders, such as employees in health services, customer facing commercial, or research based roles, will be required to be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment.
Current Employees apply HERE
Current Contingent Workers apply HERE
US and Puerto Rico Residents Only:
Our company is committed to inclusion, ensuring that candidates can engage in a hiring process that exhibits their true capabilities. Please click here if you need an accommodation during the application or hiring process.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
OFCCP EEO Supplement
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination
We are proud to be a company that embraces the value of bringing diverse, talented, and committed people together. The fastest way to breakthrough innovation is when diverse ideas come together in an inclusive environment. We encourage our colleagues to respectfully challenge one another's thinking and approach problems collectively. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace.
Residents of Colorado:
Click here to request this role's pay range.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Rahway, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme LLC, Rahway, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Flexible Work Arrangements:
Flex Time, Hybrid, On-Site, Remote Work
1st - Day
Valid Driving License:
Number of Openings: