Ice Hockey College Recruitment Specialist - CaptainU College at Stack Sports (Remote)
Stack Sports is looking for an Ice Hockey College Recruitment Specialist (Account Executive) to join our CaptainU College Sales Team and contribute to our explosive growth as the leader in the sports & technology market. Since 2007, CaptainU’s mission has been to bridge sports and technology by connecting millions of athletes with all the colleges, teams and events they need to succeed and play at the next level. We’ve fundamentally changed the recruiting process for both HS Athletes and College Coaches.
As an Account Executive for our College Sales Team, you’ll help transform the college recruiting landscape, influencing how college coaches market their programs, find and attract the best student-athletes and build championship teams. Using your exceptional knowledge and experience within Ice Hockey across the high school, club, college & pro landscape, you will support and help drive our movement towards offering the most outstanding and comprehensive recruitment support to both our athletes and college coaches. The CaptainU College software platform is used by thousands of college sports programs across 20 sports around the country and growing at a rapid pace.
At Stack Sports and on our CaptainU team, we strive to promote a diverse and rewarding company culture based on winning. Learn more about Stack Sports @ https://stacksports.com/ and learn more about CaptainU @ http://learn.captainu.com/about.
- Engage top collegiate Ice Hockey & athletics programs with the CaptainU College Recruiting Software
- Drive the sales cycle to attain new business: make introductory calls, assess customer goals through qualifying and driving new college program accounts
- Make a high volume of daily outbound sales calls to college programs and manage email campaigns to drive new business
- Skillfully deliver web based presentations using inside sales best practices
- Onboard, support & manage college programs experience in CaptainU.
- Achieve and consistently exceed monthly sales goals
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 2-3 years in high volume inside sales preferably selling SaaS with a track record of success
- Experience selling early-stage products, driving business in new markets and blazing a path to success
- Proven closer with resilience and an ability to overcome objections
- Experience running online web/mobile software demos through variety of platforms
- Excellent technical skills including Excel, G Suite, Salesforce and general web proficiency
- Ice Hockey background mandatory - preferably at collegiate level as athlete &/ or coach
- Business Development
- Sales and Marketing
- Cold Calling
- Account Management
- Prospecting and Cold Calling
We understand that no candidate is perfectly qualified for any job. Experience comes in different forms; many skills are transferable; and passion goes a long way. Even more important than your resume is a clear demonstration of dedication, impact, and the ability to thrive in a fluid and collaborative environment. We want you to learn new things in this role, and we encourage you to apply if your experience is close to what we’re looking for. We also know that diversity of background and thought makes for better problem solving and more creative thinking, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team.What We're Building
CaptainU is changing college sports by connecting more than 2 million high school athletes, colleges, high school coaches, and events.
We’re profitable and we’ve never taken any outside funding. We have offices in Plano, TX, Denver, CO and San Francisco, CA.
We’re always on the lookout for top talent in software development, marketing, sales, analytics and customer service. We look for people who are great at getting things done and are open-minded about continually learning, testing new ideas, and objectively measuring how they work.
From one of our customers:
"This CaptainU experience has really helped me know what I want to do and who I want to be. Not only am I going to a great school but I know for certain that I have made the right decision. I know that every student athlete that uses this program will find the right college. Thank you for everything CaptainU!!"
What We Offer
- Open, modern, and collaborative work environment including ability to work remotely
- Entrepreneurial environment - leave your mark
- Purpose-driven culture
- Competitive salary plus incentives
- Comprehensive benefit package including Fully Paid Parental Leave