Join the frontlines of today's healthcare transformation
At VillageMD, we're looking for a Part-time janitorial/housekeeping role to help us transform the way primary care is delivered and how patients are served. As a national leader on the forefront of healthcare, we've partnered with many of today's best primary care physicians. We're equipping them with the latest digital tools. Empowering them with proven strategies and support. Inspiring them with better practices and consistent results.
We're creating care that's more accessible. Effective. Efficient. With solutions that are value-based, physician-driven and patient-centered. To accomplish this, we're looking for individuals who share our sense of excellence, are ready to embrace change, and never settle for the status quo. Individuals who have the confidence to lead but the humility to never stop learning.
Could this be you?
The purpose of the housekeeper is to provide high quality, consistent cleaning services for our medical facility. Our staff, patients, and clients rely on the cleaner for ongoing daily, weekend, and holiday cleanliness, organization, and functionality.
How you can make a difference
- Complete daily task checklists
- Maintain consistent communication with staff regarding process updates and improvements
- Identifying and relaying any necessary maintenance concerns
- Notifying fellow staff of necessary items to be ordered
- Sweep, vacuum, and mop all hospital floors and entry ways
- Properly dispose of garbage and recycling
- Clean clinic doors and windows
- Daily clinic laundry
- Clean all restroom sinks, toilets, mirrors, and floors
- Restock cleaning products as needed in the hospital
- General dusting and care of the facility
- Wash all dishes generated by patients and staff
- Deep clean the hospital during weekend shifts
- Ensure overall cleanliness of the clinic
- Attempt to find a replacement for your shift during illness or other extenuating circumstances
- Try to accommodate staffing needs
- Comply with hospital guidelines for appearance and uniform
- Become familiar with and follow hospital policies and procedures
- Maintain a positive, accommodating professional attitude towards clients and staff always
- Develop a close, professional relationship with colleagues
Skills for success
- High school or equivalency diploma preferred
- Prior experience working in a medical clinic preferred
- Prior cleaning experience preferred
- Multi-tasking abilities, honesty, service orientation, excellent initiative, and attention to detail. Anticipate and fulfill the needs of the hospital
- Ability to continuously be walking, standing, squatting, and frequently kneeling
- Lift up to fifty (50) pounds
- Be able to write legibly
- Work well under pressure and in a high stress environment.
Experience to drive change
- janitorial: 1 year (Preferred)
- cleaning: 1 year (Preferred)
How you will thrive
You work in a highly-collaborative, conscientious, forward-thinking environment that welcomes your experience and enables you to make a significant impact from Day 1.
Most importantly, you make a difference. You see a clear connection between your daily work on VillageMD products and services and the advancement of innovative solutions and improved quality of healthcare for providers and patients.
Our unique VillageMD culture – how inclusion and diversity make the difference
At VillageMD, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance and respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system. Individuals seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Those seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
Explore your future with VillageMD today.