About Lyra Health
Lyra is transforming mental health care through technology with a human touch to help people feel emotionally healthy at work and at home. We work with industry leaders, such as Morgan Stanley, Uber, Amgen, and other Fortune 500 companies, to improve access to effective, high-quality mental health care for their employees and their families. With our innovative digital care platform and elite provider network, 2.5 million people can receive the best care and feel better, faster. Founded by David Ebersman, former CFO of Facebook and Genentech, Lyra has raised more than $680 million.
About the Role
The Health Plan Support Manager will support Lyra clients and providers with setting up their accounts to use Lyra, fielding benefit and technical questions, directly working with health plans to resolve any issues related to claims or patient responsibility. They will work with other members of the Health Plan Operations Team to create and optimize tools/processes related to client/provider support and education. Additionally, the candidate will be managing a team to support these activities shortly after joining the team.
The ideal candidate should be comfortable working in a fast-paced startup environment, where strategies constantly change to support the needs of customers and other teams at Lyra. They should feel comfortable working with and learning different software and technology used to support their responsibilities.
- Demonstrate strong time management skills and flexibility in fielding the unexpected throughout the workday
- Work directly with clients and providers to resolve billing issues
- Work with the Health Plan Operations Team on improving existing workflows, implementing new processes, and short-term projects
- Work with health plan partners to investigate and resolve claims and patient responsibility issues
- Collaborate with Lyra’s Client Support Services Team to smoothly coordinate communication and manage various billing issues
- Collaborate with technical teams to identify bugs and improve the client and provider experiences
- Manage a team whose primary responsibilities includes client and provider support
- Inspire and motivate employees to perform at their best through positive encouragement and incentive initiatives
- Identify potential problems and points of friction and work to find solutions in order to maximize efficiency
- Long-term planning to create initiatives that further the company’s overall goals
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2+ years experience in a medical patient-facing role (e.g. in a clinic, outpatient practice or inpatient setting)
- Prior experience with medical billing or collections a plus
- Excellent communication skills-both verbal and written, with an emphasis on quickly gaining trust and empathy
- Excellent attention to detail
- Highly self-motivated and willing to collaborate cross functionally in a fast-paced and fast-growing environment
- Ability to innovate and creatively solve problems in a highly collaborative manner
- Strong project management skills and a demonstrated ability to work successfully on cross-functional teams
- Experience with Zendesk, Salesforce, Tableau, and/or JIRA a plus
- Prior experience working in a technology or startup environment a plus
- Ability to flourish in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- Passionate about improving mental health care and excited by our mission of leveraging technology to scale access to evidence-based therapies
Lyra Health headquarters is located in Burlingame, CA. This is a position that is based out of the San Francisco Bay Area, but can be a remote position anywhere else inside the US.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability.
Read Full Job Description