About Lyra Health
Lyra is transforming mental health care through technology with a human touch to help people feel emotionally healthy at work and at home. We work with industry leaders, such as Morgan Stanley, Uber, Amgen, and other Fortune 500 companies, to improve access to effective, high-quality mental health care for their employees and their families. With our innovative digital care platform and elite provider network, 2.5 million people can receive the best care and feel better, faster. Founded by David Ebersman, former CFO of Facebook and Genentech, Lyra has raised more than $680 million.
About the Role
Lyra Health is looking for a Health Plan Claims Associate to assist the Health Plan Operations Team to reconcile payments and claims for a mission-driven, fast-growing healthcare company.
The Health Plan Claims Associate will be responsible for reconciling claims, including confirming and documenting all payments from health plans, patients, and third-party payers. They will work with other members of the Health Plan Operations Team to create and optimize tools/processes related to claims reconciliation. Additionally, this team member will assist in creating dashboards to help the team manage these claims.
The ideal candidate should be versatile and excel working in a fast-paced startup environment, where strategies constantly change to support the needs of customers and other teams at Lyra. They should feel comfortable working with and learning different software and technology used to support their responsibilities.
- Reconcile claims by maintaining accurate documentation of processed claims
- Work directly with patients and providers to resolve billing issues
- Collaborate with Finance and Accounting Teams to reconcile payments received from third-party vendors
- Work with the Health Plan Operations Team on various short-term projects, improving existing workflows, implementing new processes
- Work with Lyra’s Client Support Services Team to smoothly coordinate communication and manage various payment problems
- Work with health plan partners to manage and process claims
- Collaborate with technical teams to identify bugs and improve the client and provider experiences
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2+ years experience in a medical patient-facing role (e.g. in a clinic, outpatient practice or inpatient setting)
- Prior experience with medical billing or collections a plus
- Is comfortable working with high-volume financial data and analyzing the data using spreadsheets and other programs
- Experience with Zendesk, Salesforce, Tableau, and/or JIRA a plus
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills-both verbal and written, with an emphasis on quickly gaining trust and empathy
- Passionate about improving mental health care and excited by our mission of leveraging technology to scale access to evidence-based therapies
- Ability to innovate and creatively solve problems in a highly collaborative manner
- Highly self-motivated and willing to collaborate cross-functionally in a fast-paced and fast-growing environment
- Ability to flourish in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- Prior experience working in a technology or startup environment a plus
- Passionate about changing the landscape of Behavioral Health
Lyra Health headquarters is located in Burlingame, CA, but this is a remote position that can be located in the San Francisco Bay Area or anywhere else inside the US.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability.
Read Full Job Description