WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON
- Build and lead a World-class Technical Support Team, acting as an ambassador for the Tonkean brand and values.
- Attract high potential team members and coach them to rapid success.
- Partner closely with Engineering and Product to ensure we are continually learning from our customers and support engagements to make our platform stronger and experience seamless.
- Be seen as an advocate and trusted source of how our platform is leveraged by customers and how we can improve our customers' experience.
- Develop a high-quality standard for issues that are sent to engineering in terms of reproducibility and well-defined problem statements.
- Help ensure our customers receive timely and accurate support by implementing procedures that will enhance the support service.
- Build an escalation process, evaluating support issues for escalation and prioritizing based on business impact.
- Maintain executive communication about our support program, escalations, and customer learnings.
- Define and establish operational metrics and a system to track the support organization.
- Publish a weekly support dashboard with key support metrics.
- Establish clear feedback loops and handoffs between all relevant stakeholders.
- 3+ years in a customer-facing technical support management or related management role in a web-based software or SaaS company. 5+ years in technical support roles or related fields.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Validated experience to innovate and drive broad organizational impact.
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written), especially in a technical environment.
- Skillful at building trusting and honest relationships, putting themselves into their staff’s shoes and being their best advocate.
- Comfortable with tools/processes needed for data focused decision-making.
- Experience effectively leading a customer support team, consistently delivering at or above established critical metrics for productivity; CSAT, SLA and Backlog management.
- Must possess a high degree of emotional intelligence. Understand and adapt to the audience with whom you’re interacting, including your team, customers, and executives. Encourage diversity and inclusivity in collaboration.
- A keen ability to support cross-functional projects and decisions. Gets energized from working within a team and cross-functionally to achieve the company's goals
- There Is Always A Way. At Tonkean, we believe that nothing is impossible. There is a solution to every problem - you just need to find it.
- Think People First. We believe in investing in, empowering, and prioritizing people. We work as a team and win as a team. We listen with purpose as we speak with courage. We believe in diversity. We always ask ourselves: Is this giving value to our customers? Is this improving our team? Is this helping me be better?
- Start With Why And Fail Fast. We believe that progress is the only way forward; that action is always better than no action; that innovation requires bravery. We believe that every worthwhile “how” starts with an important “why.” If you know the “why”, and you can learn from it, It’s never a failure. It is the operational cost of progress.
- No BS. To matter, you must - stay focused, keep it simple and always move the needle. We don’t have time for BS. We don’t waste energy; we prioritize efficiency; we stay focused; and we always try to optimize for what’s important.
PERKS AND BENEFITS
- Join a fast-growing business that is venture-backed by Accel, Lightspeed Venture Partners and Foundation Capital.
- Collaborate with a talented yet humble team as we empower operations teams and eliminate mundane tasks.
- Competitive compensation & equity package
- Virtual social events, and annual company retreats
- 401k, Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Tonkean provides each employee with a new laptop, monitor, headset, keyboard and mouse
- Remote employees receive a one-time work from home setup stipend (reimbursable) of $500(USD) upon commencing employment to purchase desk, chair and other work from home tools.