Head of Remote Assistance Operations at Cruise (Phoenix, AZ)
We're Cruise, a self-driving service designed for the cities we love.
We’re building the world’s most advanced, self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving vehicles will help save lives, reshape cities, give back time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
Cruisers have the opportunity to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the forefront of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's an opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to play a part in making a positive impact in the world by advancing the revolutionary work of self-driving cars, join us.
About the Role
Cruise is seeking an experienced operations leader to lead our Remote Assistance operations team as Cruise rapidly scales commercialization across Ridehail & Delivery service. Candidates for this role should have 10+ years demonstrated people management experience, along with the ability to adapt on the fly to constantly evolving situations and a rapidly (10x) growing team. This leader will also direct the Remote Assistance group in providing feedback to Research and Development (R&D) groups at Cruise. This position reports to the Director of Remote Assistance.
What you’ll be doing:
- Direct a team of multi-level support advisors, incident experts, team leads, and Managers to support 24/7 operations to assist vehicles remotely
- Manage a Quality Assurance team dedicated to ensuring operational quality and adherence to all Safety Guidelines, Change Requests and SOPs
- Responsible for developing and implementing a performance management and quality adherence strategy across a rapidly growing team with ever changing dynamics and technology
- Set Operations team OKRs and monitor KPIs while reporting progress and flagging regressions in performance directly to senior management on a weekly basis
- Work with stakeholders across Product, Product Operations, Safety, Training and Central Ops to ensure that new products, processes and workflows are effectively rolled out to the remote assistance operations team with no degradation in quality
- Oversee additional operations in new cities, including operational scaling that can run effectively with your general guidance
- Quickly exercise a high degree of good judgment and independence
- Build strong cross-functional relationships with teams including Product Operations, Safety, Communications, Legal, Government Affairs, Security
- Maintain a helpful and calm composure in simple or difficult situations, while always modeling first-rate manager
- Create processes and workflows that streamline clear communication to Cruise Engineering teams
- Lead in recognizing patterns and properly categorize support issues
- Operate with an extremely high level of autonomy
What you must have:
- Direct experience managing a large team - additional experience managing contingent workers is also a plus
- A strong understanding of operational best practices for shift management/staffing efficiency, hiring funnels across a multitude of roles and levels, and the ability to monitor performance in execution across a large 24/7 staff
- The ability to use data to make decisions and a strong sense of ownership in team performance
- 10+ years professional experience with 5+ years experience in real-time operations and people management at a high growth company
- Dedication to work through dynamic situations and the ability to keep calm and perform well under pressure
- High attention to detail and strong execution skills
- Comfortable and experienced with software technology, including Google Suite, Confluence/JIRA, and a strong working knowledge of BI tools such as Looker
- Ability to work on-site at a Cruise assigned office
- Enthusiasm for driverless cars
- Applicable transportation or mobility experience
- Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401(k) Cruise matching program
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- One Medical membership
- Subsidized mental health benefits
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided for non-remote employees
- Paid parental, jury duty, bereavement, family care and medical leave
- Fertility Benefits
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, subsidized by Cruise
- Flexible Spending Account
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit Plan for non-remote employees
- CruiseFlex - a working policy for US-Based Cruisers that lets you and your manager find what working style is best for you, whether it’s primarily in-person, primarily at home or a combination of home and in-office time.
- We’re Integrated
- Through our partnerships with General Motors and Honda, we are the only self-driving company with fully integrated manufacturing at scale.
- We’re Funded
- GM, Honda, Microsoft, T. Rowe Price & Walmart have invested billions in Cruise. Their backing for our technology demonstrates their confidence in our progress, team, and vision and makes us one of the leading autonomous vehicle organizations in the industry. Our deep resources greatly accelerate our operating speed.
- We’re Independent
- We have our own governance, board of directors, equity, and investors. Our independence allows us to not just work on the edge of technology, but also define it.
- We’re Vested
- You won’t just own your work here, you’ll have the potential to own equity in Cruise, too. We are competing in a market that is projected to grow exponentially, which gives our company valuation room to grow.
- Recurring Liquidity Opportunity (RLO) - a unique equity program where employees, both current and former, have the option to sell any amount of their vested equity on a recurring basis, currently quarterly.
Cruise LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create a supportive and inclusive workplace where contributions are valued and celebrated, and our employees thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do the best work of their lives.
We seek applicants of all backgrounds and identities, across race, color, ethnicity, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or parental status, or disability. Applicants will not be discriminated against based on these or other protected categories or social identities. Cruise will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with applicable laws.
Cruise is committed to the full inclusion of all applicants. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process please let our recruiting team know or email [email protected]
We proactively work to design hiring processes that promote equity and inclusion while mitigating bias. To help us track the effectiveness and inclusivity of our recruiting efforts, please consider answering the following demographic questions. Answering these questions is entirely voluntary. Your answers to these questions will not be shared with the hiring decision makers and will not impact the hiring decision in any way. Instead, Cruise will use this information not only to comply with any government reporting obligations but also to track our progress toward meeting our diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging objectives.
At Cruise, we’re tasked with leading in the communities we serve — and doing our part to help keep our communities and our teams safe. Our #StaySafe culture transcends and informs all we do, and because of this, as of October 31, 2021 Cruise will be mandating COVID-19 vaccinations for all US-based Cruisers who need or want to access any of our US Cruise facilities and engage in any business travel — including attending any in-person Company-sponsored event.
If you are unable to get a vaccine due to a medical condition, disability, or a strongly-held religious belief, Cruise will consider requests for an accommodation.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.