Head of Regulatory Compliance at Chipper Cash (Remote)
Head of Regulatory Compliance
This position supports the Legal, Risk and Compliance Function, reporting to the Global Head of Compliance Risk & Governance. The Head of Regulatory Compliance role is to help lead in terms of assessing and overseeing all compliance issues across the organisation this includes providing objective risk assessments of the company's compliance with regulatory, organisational and commercial requirements across multiple jurisdictions including Africa; North America and Europe.
Who we are
Chipper Cash was founded in 2018 by Ham Serunjogi and Maijid Moujaled, with the aim to “chip away” at the problem of inaccessible financial services, a high population of underbanked consumers, reliance on cash for daily commerce and the difficulty of cross-border transactions. Today, Chipper Cash is connecting more than three million people in Africa, one transaction at a time with an easy-to-use mobile app that makes money transfers fast, secure and free. Whether it’s sending money home to support your family, running a cross-border business or paying local expenses, Chipper Cash saves time, saves money, and opens up new opportunities for Africans everywhere.
With plans for rapid expansion, the Chipper Cash mobile app is currently available to consumers and businesses in eight countries, including Ghana, Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda, Nigeria, South Africa and UK. Headquartered in San Francisco, California with offices across the globe, Chipper Cash delivers fair financial services that make the lives of millions of Africans better in a small way, every day. Chipper’s mission is to unlock global opportunities and bring Africa together, one transaction at a time. Come join us. For more information, please visit our website: www.chippercash.com
- Work with risk & compliance representatives to identify all related compliance requirements (i.e. privacy, data integrity, etc.) associated with the laws and regulations within all relevant jurisdictions.
- Ensure all related compliance policies and standards are updated, based on any relevant regulatory changes or new laws.
- Create a regulatory change management process that identifies and coordinates the modification of related techno functions, business processes and/or compliance controls.
- All regulatory compliance reporting and submissions
- Developing Policies and procedures
- Compliance monitoring and assurance programme, reporting, and MI
- Customer complaints
- EMI licence management
- Working closely with the Compliance Risk Management Lead to ensure risk management frameworks and processes are embedded
We have four company core values, and they drive the way we work across teams and across the globe. These are:
Lead with Empathy: We are all human. Empathy shines through in how we treat each other and our customers. When something doesn’t go as planned, we look for opportunities to learn and grow together.
Be an Owner: This is your company too. We take initiative to make things better. We take action when something looks out of place.
Communicate to Develop Trust: Effective, transparent communication is the foundation for building trust. We communicate early and communicate often. We share mistakes and lessons to make us more unified and stronger.
Be Bold: We are bold because we push the limits of what we think is possible and we show up every day to chip away, in any way possible, at these impossibly hard problems.
- Proven experience developing and submitting compliance reports to governing bodies, legal entities and/or external authorities.
- Experience in planning, organising and developing policies, standards, procedures and practices.
- Experience conducting risk assessments, including 3rd party assessments and assurance.
- Exceptional leadership and relationship management experience to build and manage a talented team working across investigations, financial crime and or related control area.
- Ability to translate understanding of the organisation's goals and objectives into pragmatic compliance requirements.
- Ability to motivate in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Able to influence, persuade and collaborate with senior business leaders and external parties to ensure solid outcomes.