As Head of IT at Sure, you will maintain our corporate infrastructure, applications, and equipment. You will lead, design, maintain and evolve the complete technical infrastructure at Sure. You will work with individuals across the entire organization to help ensure all employee's IT equipment and applications are in functioning and optimal order.
Reporting to our CTO, you are a roll-up-your-sleeves, collaborative, adaptive, detail oriented and forward looking IT guru. You're excited about building policies, standards and processes designed to allow for rapid growth in a secure environment.
Our philosophy is that you would be teaching us as much as you'd learn from us. By learning and inspiring others, you'll help cultivate an environment that makes us better at what we do each day.
What you’ll be doing:
- Maintain computer hardware and software across the organization.
- Provision and manage user access.
- Provide technical support to all team member, including remote and local staff.
- Design and implement IT strategies and infrastructure, establishes efficiency and efficacy standards and provides recommendations for improvement of IT infrastructure.
- Ensure smooth delivery and operation of IT services by monitoring systems performance.
- Analyzes IT infrastructure and systems performance to assess operating costs, productivity levels, upgrade requirements, and other metrics and needs.Maintain and manage equipment inventory.
- Coordinate with security and engineering leadership to implement best practices
- Provide subject matter expertise on IT, OS, and network security.
- Help conduct risk assessments and build risk mitigation plans.
- Develops and implements business continuity protocols to minimize disruption to business operations in the event of emergency situations or data loss.
What we're looking for:
- 3+ years experience in an IT helpdesk/support role.
- 3+ years experience Linux, the shell and bash scripting.
- 5+ years experience with MacOS.
- Advanced understanding of network equipment and protocols (VLAN, DNS, DHCP, VPN).
- Experience managing and utilizing a ticketing system.
- Experience with cloud infrastructure such as AWS and GCP.
- Experience with Apple MDM (JAMF, Fleetsmith).
- Experience with Google Workspace.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent English communication skills, verbal and written.
- Self-directed and self-motivated individuals comfortable working with diverse teams.
- Experience with Windows 10 and Linux are a plus.
- Experience programming with Python, Ruby, Java or Go is a plus.
Sure offers employees benefits including: unlimited PTO, a variety of medical, dental and vision insurance plans covered at 80%, 401k plan, equity, employee assistance program, generous parental leave, home office stipend, an annual company retreat, and so much more!
Sure, an insurance technology company, powers digital insurance programs for the world’s most recognized brands and carriers. Its enterprise SaaS Platform and APIs accelerate digital transformation and omnichannel distribution without the need for additional IT resources. Sure streamlines all aspects of digital insurance sales and service with features designed for each phase of the insurance lifecycle. Founded in 2014, the company is remote first and has customers around the globe.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For more information, visit https://www.sureapp.com/. Follow @SureHQ on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
Employment at Sure is contingent upon a satisfactory verification of a general and criminal background check. Upon an offer of employment, all prospective employees may be required to complete an employment application. Any background verifications will be obtained with written consent from the individual.