Head of International Business Operations
Invitae is dedicated to bringing comprehensive genetic information into mainstream medicine to improve healthcare for billions of people, and is doing so by making genetic testing affordable and accessible to guide health decisions across all stages of life.
Invitae’s (continued) international growth brings added complexity and demands on its lab operations, logistics, go to market strategy, product management, regulatory, customs, and corporate development efforts. Proactive, strategic, and agile leadership is needed to deliver for our customers while growing the business in an intentional and healthy way.
Invitae is seeking a business leader who can drive strategic prioritization and operational execution of our global growth initiative. We are looking for an experienced, internally motivated, detail-oriented, team player with elite communication and collaboration skills. This role will report directly to the Chief Strategy Officer.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL DUTIES
- Work closely with cross functional teams including Operations, Development, Commercial, Billing and Talent Operations, Legal, and Finance to develop a one, three and five year globalization strategic roadmap that puts the international patient experience, customer experience, and service at the top, and delivers revenue growth and operational expansion
- Drive successful execution of the international business plan by working closely with the aforementioned cross functional teams to evaluate opportunities, prioritize those with the highest return on investment, and craft a path forward with internal stakeholders and company management (C-suite).
- Serve as a single point of contact and context for leads across the organization for international-focused initiatives and key performance indicators
- Work cross-functionally to solve business challenges through conducting root cause analyses, identifying business improvement opportunities, and designing and deploying actionable solutions
EXPERIENCE AND CHARACTERISTICS
- 8+ years in strategic planning, commercial, or operations management, with ideally:
- Developing and launching new products
- Opening new markets (including customs, regulatory, and commercial requirements)
- Operations strategy or oversight (e.g. manufacturing, logistics, etc)
- Experience with global markets including US, LATAM, EMEA, APAC
- Detail-oriented, proactive, flexible and able to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Fosters mutual trust, respect and is an excellent team player who builds strong relationships. Ability to influence without control.
- Experience developing strong, diverse talent
- High integrity, exceptional work ethic, strict attention to detail
- Drive, grit, and determination. Experience building capabilities with minimum resources
- Demonstrated ability to create and deliver innovative solutions
- Self-motivated with the ability to foresee needs and perform work in a proactive manner
- Experience in fast-paced environments, comfortable in ambiguous high stakes situations
- Organized and detail oriented, track record of prioritizing work and meeting deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in life sciences is nice but not required
- Experience with GSuite programs
- Experience with OKR-based operations management (Objectives and Key Results)
- Experience with financial modeling and ROI analyses
- Experience with project management software and mapping tools
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.